Have a problem.

Started by akse
14/11/2010 21:30
Page 1 of 1
akse14/11/2010 21:30(edited 14/11/2010 21:33)

[blockquote]Client timed out while answering challenge.
---> Please make sure that you have opened the appropriate ports on any firewall you are connected behind.
---> See http://support.steampowered.com for help with firewall configurati[/blockquote]
This appears with kicking me from server after 2-3 minutes gaming. I tried to disable firewall, but nothing. Tried put "-applauch 10, -autoconfig" in cs start coin. Tried to put cl_timeout 999 in console - nothing.
Nothing, help me some1 ;/

Keo mapper14/11/2010 22:10

go in your steam folder -> delete ClientRegistry.blob, Steam.dll and SteamUI.dll.
Be sure to exit steam first.
Then open steam, it will run an update, and that's it. I had this problem 2 years ago.

akse15/11/2010 08:14

It don't help :(

Keo mapper15/11/2010 12:32

it used to work. Try it again or, have u tried installing steam again?

akse15/11/2010 13:17

Just turned it off, deleted those files you wrote, updated and started steam, nothing...

alfredoboi15/11/2010 14:46(edited 15/11/2010 14:48)

I have had the same problem for years, and I can't count how many angry swearing mails I've sent them...The Steam Support is a fucking piece of bleeding crap imo, everything they do is making some sucky automatic bots link some steps for you follow, even though it's the most basic things ever and it's probably the first thing you tried.

I ended up fixing it myself by updating my NIC-drivers with some special tweaked one, but I unfortunately don't remember the name of it. I'll hook you up with it if i find out :)

akse15/11/2010 17:44

Thanks mate :)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.