New comp. FPS Problems.

Started by BAEVERN^
18/11/2010 21:13
Page 1 of 1
BAEVERN^18/11/2010 21:13(edited 18/11/2010 21:15)

Hello!
Before I start with my problem I just wanna say that I created a new thread and not a post in the FPS forum because this problem is sum kinda hardcore graphic problem.
Move it if you feel I am wrong :)

So...I bought a new laptop 1 month ago.
Pretty good one and with nVIDIA card and Windows 7 64x.
But all games I tried lags ALOT, especially counter-strike.

I have around 30 - 60 fps in any public server and in smokes I have like 10 fps...
Have tried to update the drivers, vsync on and off and some more but can't fix the problem.

So if anybody have had the same problem or might have a solution I would be most gratefull!

Punk^18/11/2010 23:53

Have an old screen? That could be the problem.

Also, what nVIDIA card you got?

alfredoboi19/11/2010 23:27

Does it have a multicore processor? If so, force it to use only 1 core :)

BAEVERN^20/11/2010 17:46

punk. I've got a laptop as I said!

I've got "GeForce GT 325M"

Alfredoboi: Yes I think I have 2 of em ;>
How do I force it to use only 1 core and what would that do? :)

Punk^20/11/2010 18:23

Oh sorry, I missed that :-P

nucLeaR20/11/2010 20:15

the video card shouldn't be a problem, it's not 1st class for laptops, but it can surely handle CS. I don't know what to say, make some 3d mark tests see if you've got bad results there too.

alfredoboi21/11/2010 01:38(edited 21/11/2010 01:39)

Originally posted by BAEVERN^
Alfredoboi: Yes I think I have 2 of em ;>
How do I force it to use only 1 core and what would that do? :)


ctrl+alt+del(task manager)->find hl.exe and rightclick->set affinity->now, if you just have a dual-core, then set it to cpu0. If you have a dualcore with hyperthreading enabled, which splits the 2 cores into 4, set it to both cpu0 and cpu1, which is actually the same core because of the hyperthreading. But in a second thought, I doubt it'll help that much:)

But I think I might know what your actual problem is instead. What brand and model is your laptop? :D

BAEVERN^21/11/2010 16:13

Originally posted by alfredoboi
Originally posted by BAEVERN^
Alfredoboi: Yes I think I have 2 of em ;>
How do I force it to use only 1 core and what would that do? :)


ctrl+alt+del(task manager)->find hl.exe and rightclick->set affinity->now, if you just have a dual-core, then set it to cpu0. If you have a dualcore with hyperthreading enabled, which splits the 2 cores into 4, set it to both cpu0 and cpu1, which is actually the same core because of the hyperthreading. But in a second thought, I doubt it'll help that much:)

But I think I might know what your actual problem is instead. What brand and model is your laptop? :D


Yeah I tried running it with 1 and 2 cores but nothing worked ;(
I have an ASUS, GeForce GT325,Core i3-370,4GB RAM,500GB.

I'm not so highskilled in that computer stuff so please forgive me if I've typed in the wrong thing :)

alfredoboi21/11/2010 18:34

Hmm, have you tried -THIS DRIVER-? :P

BAEVERN^21/11/2010 19:10

Originally posted by alfredoboi
Hmm, have you tried -THIS DRIVER-? :P


Hmm no I have not. Just tried the newest one I guess :p
You think that one might work?

alfredoboi21/11/2010 22:17

Yup I do, because afaik the newer drivers doesn't support your card for some reason :) This one is made specially for those kinds of ASUS laptop cards(yours), so try it out!

BAEVERN^21/11/2010 23:33

Hmm, damn. Couldn't try it out.
It was for x32 bit and I have 64x bit :p and windows 7.
Is there anyone like that for 64x? or do I just have to say goodbye to cs? :(

alfredoboi22/11/2010 22:47

Wooops, my bad. This one should work: http://www.nvidia.com/object/optimus-win7-x64-notebook-189.79.html :D If it doesn't, then I have no clue.

gizpo_O23/11/2010 22:29

Hi, have you tried already omegadrivers? Really like these, usually makes better fps than normal ones: http://www.omegadrivers.net/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=file&id=14:nvidia-omega-drivers-1.169.25&Itemid=97

But if you have that lowfps, I think it's something on your processor, check processor temperature and also, upgrade your processor drivers manyally, because doesn't windows 7 search automatically drivers?

Also, try to change cs priority (ctrl + alt + del) -> hl.exe -> mouse2 -> set priority, the game maybe crashes with low / high, but give a try!

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.