New PC ruin my CS

Started by humlE
24/11/2010 15:28
Page 1 of 1
humlE24/11/2010 15:28

Hello beloved Kreedzers,
recently I bought a new laptop. Way better than my previous!
In comparement to the price, I got a quite good laptop. I can run games such as World of Warcraft on High-Quality settings. But when it comes to CS, my laptop has boundaries.

My screen is 16:9 and runs smooooooth when I play with widescreen resolution in CS. But I've always played with 640x480 resolution, and for some odd reason, my graphics card cannot handle that small resolutions(resolutions that is not widescreen).

I got a clue that the fact that I have Windows 7 x64 plays a role, since I had the same problems when I installed x64 on my old computer.

Spec:
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD5650, 1GB VRAM (latest drivers AFAIK)
- Intel Core i5 2x2.53
- 17.3"
- 8GB DDR3 Memory
- 650GB HDD
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit system


Thanks a million times in advance,
a sad humlE

gizpo_O24/11/2010 17:05

as told to baevern, you should try omegadrivers.net instead ati's drivers. So omegadrivers.net and you can find the drivers on left.

humlE25/11/2010 16:43

Can I feel safe installing drivers for my GFX that is not downloaded from the manufacturers homepage?

alfredoboi25/11/2010 21:20(edited 25/11/2010 21:23)

Afaik omega-drivers doesn't work for Mobility cards, at least I don't remember anyone back in the days where I used them.

But you should be safe as long as you know the driver supports your card and you've uninstalled the old one correctly. Omega drivers are very buggy if the old driver isn't completely uninstalled - I still remember the monitor turning off for a few secs, the hertz suddenly resetting, hard lockups etc. when I used them incorrectly, so remember removing the old diver COMPLETELY! :)

But I doubt the drivers will help anything, since 4:4 ratios requires less graphics power than widescreen. I would suggest trying to turn V-sync and Trilinear Optimization or wth it's called on, just for testing :) Oh and what's your HZ on the screen set to?

gizpo_O26/11/2010 22:20

I got mobility card and works fine. And actually the problem have to be driver or settings caused cause if it was hardware problem that would lag also with 16:9 resolution.

PLUS ati drivers has got problems nowadays with laptop drivers so I don't see reason why it wouldn't work!

humlE27/11/2010 10:54

gizpo, I kind of can't find the omega-driver that supports my card series :( Can you give me a hand?

And alfredo - I'll try that! Thanks a LOT!

gizpo_O27/11/2010 16:06

Oh, there isn't drivers for windows 7, sry.

humlE27/11/2010 22:43

That means I'm doomed :[

BAEVERN^28/11/2010 13:21

Same shit here humlE.
Youre not alone ;>

mJauZ^04/12/2010 11:46(edited 04/12/2010 11:48)

The problem is that cs was created before the multi-core technology AKA it tries to use 1 core while the gpu itself forces the usage of all (2?) cores.Try hitting this problem up google.Search intel i5 cs optimiser or something.
Baevern if you have an AMD processor here is your answer - http://support.amd.com/us/Processor_TechDownloads/DCO_1.1.4.zip

humlE05/12/2010 00:05

Thanks for the possible answer omfg^p.
Do not hesitate to provide further information about this particular issue. humlE is about to turn emo. :(

mJauZ^05/12/2010 11:29

There are a few problems that might be causing this.
I'm still searching for an Intel DC optimiser , il post it if i find one :)
So 1.Try setting graphic card settings on max (AA&AF)
2.Underclock/overclock your processors VCB by 5-10.
If you don't know how to do that write a PM :)
3.Try running a few programs along with CS(firefox , sony vegas etc)
4.alfredoboi "ctrl+alt+del(task manager)->find hl.exe and rightclick->set affinity->now, if you just have a dual-core, then set it to cpu0. If you have a dualcore with hyperthreading enabled, which splits the 2 cores into 4, set it to both cpu0 and cpu1, which is actually the same core because of the hyperthreading. But in a second thought, I doubt it'll help that much:)"
5.Write in the ATI forums?(if they exist)

humlE07/12/2010 16:21

I'll turn back in case of succes :)
Thanks for your bothering!!!

aftermatch-_-18/12/2010 23:30(edited 18/12/2010 23:31)

Okay i just wanna give my opinion here, altho i dont understand shit, or atleast i cant express what i know or not. Its just like that, i play wow right now which is a modern new game with latest shit and a sweet lcd flat philips monitor. the only thing is that cs is waaaaay different on this screen, on my old screen which was like a tv from 1965 cs went so unbelieveable smooth, actualy all of my friends wanted me to set their monitors to run that way too. my point is that there is so big difference in this woah
Sry my whole post was offtopic but i just wanted to say it :DASD

musaka04/01/2011 13:36

64 bit sucks

CamelCloudrecord holder04/01/2011 19:54

Originally posted by musaka
64 bit sucks


In this case it does, otherwise it doesn't. Might be reason why the new CS5 pack by Adobe is designed specifically for x64.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.