Longjumping ressurection.

Started by deus?
17/12/2010 16:56
Read-Only
Page 1 of 1
deus?17/12/2010 16:56

Heya dudes,

I've began thinking about this few days ago, since I felt loosing interest to visit xj. Climbing is cool etc. and kz was meant for those purposes, but take a look back in 2007-2008. We had massive lj record lists, there was always something you can watch, either demo release or lj release. Players that can't beat map wr's, while able to pull out some nice ljs have had opportunity to get their name into list. Community was way more attractive when it had various options.

To fix this, I'd suggest to lower the level of minimum distance required to get in the list, for 2 or so units. And maybe add wj as another tech. Lists will get larger, more people will come and parcitipate. More people = more fun!
Watching the same faces on demo release is just dull.

kREWAN17/12/2010 17:01(edited 18/12/2010 16:14)

Agreed.

EDIT: Punk^, I agreed because I think his idea just makes sence, easy as that!

Punk^17/12/2010 17:06(edited 17/12/2010 17:10)

The thing is, that the list here at XJ is for world records (and close followers!) and that would make the purpose of this pointless.
I'd rather suggest making a forum thread where people could submit their longjumps and get their name on that list! Of course, if it goes well, the thread would have a chance of being stickied.
The only thing needed is someone who is willing to update the thread (e.g. you deus? :-)) and someone who don't mind taking the time to do a check using the public version of FPS-death.

That's my suggestion.

EDIT:
Deus, would you like me to suggest adding more techniques, in the admin forum? If yes, what techniques would you like added (this question is not only directed at deus - feel free to give me your opinion as well)

And kREWAN, at least come up with something more useful than "Agreed". At least explain why you agree..

deus?17/12/2010 17:47

I would like to see WJ as the part of longjumping records. This tech is known for a long time and it's unique, instead of being just a combo (drop+cj, duck+bhop etc.). So it well deserved to exist. The only problem that current longjumping map doesn't have WJs.
About world records and close followers. We always had around 2-3 units range before, as I remember. Now it's either 1 or even 0, what makes the lj page look pathetic and skinny. The reason for it, is to see atleast some new faces around here.

fizik17/12/2010 18:26

If I remember right,the LJ lists got reduced because of the huge amount of demos to check. If you can find a solution for that,I'll totally agree.

deus?17/12/2010 18:30

I can offer my help with demochecking if that's an option.

m0ver18/12/2010 18:19

I would like to see tons of LJ categories here on XJ, both major ones (+wj, +drop bhop) and custom ones like duckbhops on kz_cruiser.

Sadly, it won't happen due to cheaters exploiting the situation (retards) and because admin stuff hates LJ.

I would add slide and stuff on XJ but hey...KZ is the only important part :/

Punk^18/12/2010 19:49

I've made the suggestions now deus, and we'll see. I'll keep this open for further discussion and make sure to check on it.

I'll get back to you all with an answer ASAP!

ndR moviemaker Tournament #218/12/2010 22:44

This will never happen:

1. We don't want Longjumping to be an important part of Xtreme-Jumps.
2. Checking LJ demos and updating the list is extremely long and annoying.
3. No one in the current admin staff wants to do this job.
4. We do not want to recruit new admins.
5. Cheaters already make us loose too much time.
6. We might remove the top5 lists to only keep the world records in the future.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Page 1 of 1