wildlife

Started by nobody^
22/12/2010 13:53
Page 1 of 1
nobody^22/12/2010 13:53(edited 22/12/2010 20:39)

Hi! I've been thinking about this for quite awhile. How about a map with many trees. While walking through the trees you see wild animals. After the forest you had to climb some rock and after that you go on the other side of it. There is a river and u have to bhop some rocks to pass it. But if you fell the water takes you to a waterfall and you go straight down to the start. What do you think?

pLaguE^22/12/2010 16:03

Sounds like an everyday forest map, pointless thing with the names of famous jumpers.

nobody^22/12/2010 20:39

OK, Plague. I have edited it. :)

opa22/12/2010 21:55(edited 22/12/2010 21:56)

I can bet that a lot of mappers came across this idea. The reason why making such map is too complicated is huge decrease in FPS due to high polygon amounts. Trust me I'd do such map myself but I already know the bad outcome :\

nobody^22/12/2010 22:49(edited 02/02/2011 20:59)

Oh, ok then opa. I am not a map maker so I didn't know that. You guys could close these bullshits if u want.

opa22/12/2010 23:07

Originally posted by nobody^
Oh, ok then opa. I am not a map maker so I didn't know that. You guys could close this bullshits if u want.

well i mean it still might be possible to create such map but it would require some really good technical knowledge of hammer and cs 1.6 engine :)
don't close this lol

byob mapper01/02/2011 08:59

I think the biggest problem in making such a map will be the need of it's maker to make it as close to reality as possible. What I think I see here is that in you create an image of a map in your head like I have done a ton of times but when you need to get the atmosphere right, especially in an outdoors map which needs a ton of models for trees and stuff like that and also needs to look like nature, you will see that you can't get it close to what was in your head.

I am sure it will require something more than just an experienced mapper to attempt this; it will need someone more of an artist who has of course all kind of experience with maps.

All of this I say assuming you want a map really natural, it's not like we dont have many outdoor forest maps but they're anything but real-looking.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.