golfbhop, kz_golf
So my idea is pretty simple, make either a bhop or climbing map that has a golfing theme. The start button could be on a teebox and the finish button can be on a green of some kind :) that goes to the mappers who know something about golf of course. I am suggesting this because golfing as a whole has very pleasant colors and atmosphere.
I kind of like the idea. Would be interesting to see what, let's say, Chrizzy could do :)
Yeah could work... I suggest it would be a kz map where the player feels small (kinda like de_rats), and progresses until he makes it inside the hole, where the stop timer would be
I like this idea,too. It will be fun if you could bhop over golf cars or even drive them.
Putting cars in kz_maps would be a nice feature, using them for a jump or something (that can't be completed without the use of a vehicle). New and innovative.
Though, there would be two major problems: first, it's easy to abuse the vehicles and perhaps bug them. Second, the map wouldn't fit for a public server since the map would run out of vehicles.
Overall, I like the theme a lot automatikk and it would defintely be a possibility to play in a map with an extremely relaxing atmosphere. But as zgooh suggested, I think it would be best if this was a "rats" map, since I can't imagine it working out on a full scale.
As a mapper I can imagine only a minigolf climb map as there are obstacles and stuff in general to jump on/around. For you, map-idea generators, I can say that making a horizontal map is much more complicated jump-wise than a vertical one.
Exceptions are bhop maps.
However, golf field themed map would be too much open-spaced. At least I cannot imagine how it would work flawlessly.
Please log in to post replies.