Who is your idol?

Started by Nukk
05/01/2011 22:42
Page 2 of 6
kafds11/01/2011 00:46(edited 11/01/2011 00:48)

Playmate and beg1ner 1337¼ are both correct. He was a philosopher whose work became an important part of Hitler's personal ideologies, however his work is not to be downtrotten by the terrible events following Hitler's interpretation of Nietzsche's insights and putting the ideologies he shaped up into action.

I forgot to mention a really important name in my post, and thats the reason I felt I had to visit this thread again. The person I was missing from that short & stout list was Diogenes of Sinope. He was a Greek philosopher who didn't transcribe his thoughts, but instead lived through his ideologies. His story may have been given a golden lining throughout history, but what I've read about him has been really great.

Other inspirational people are, for example, Blaise Pascal. He was a brilliant mathematician who is responsible for many great inventions and mathematical revelations and discoveries. Later in his life he became religious, and one of my idols, Nietzsche, said "I will never forgive what Christianity did to Blaise Pascal" - even Nietzsche held his work in high value. As Pascal's life in logic and mathematics transformed into religion and spiritual wisdom he became a fairly insightful philosopher. His work in all fields he participated in was fairly astonishing.

NOTE: Links lead to short videos of these two people I mentioned as additional "idols". The videos are created by the uploader, and these videos are clearly aimed for "mainstream-viewers", but nonetheless the content is great and informative.

st0ka11/01/2011 02:27

I wouldn't go so far as to call them idols, but here are (off the top of my head) some of the people that I find really inspirational:

Socrates, Aristotle, Ayn Rand, Geroge Carlin, Noam Chomsky, Stefan Molyneux

+ every theoretical physicist who's made a significant contribution to the realm of physics :-D

'vaMpPpPpp11/01/2011 02:41

Originally posted by Nukk
britney spears? wow :D

im serious

kafds11/01/2011 03:14(edited 11/01/2011 03:15)

Unfortunately enough my mind seems to be malfunctioning highly. Perhaps it is due to major sleep deprivation. The people who st0ka mentioned were significant names in my list of inspirational and people who I aspire to mentally. George Carlin, to me, is not primarily a comedian, but a philosopher with great insights and thoughts which have been embedded into humor.

Everyone else you mentioned I have read of quite widely, but Stefan Molyneux has been rather unknown to me. I have viewed only a small handful of videos with his "material", but so far the main message has been somewhat similar to my thoughts. I wouldn't mention him in my "lists", but his views certainly match into mine.

skR'11/01/2011 14:40

Originally posted by 'vaMpPpPpp
Originally posted by Nukk
britney spears? wow :D

im serious


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

ShoCkrecord holder Tournament #2 VIP12/01/2011 01:16(edited 12/01/2011 01:23)

I don't have idols, but I like George Clooney so much. Also Vladimir Soloviev, Stephen King and Steven Spielberg.

ndR moviemaker Tournament #212/01/2011 02:27

Harrison Ford : He made me dream about adventure for so many years when I wa young!

Indiana Jones and Star Wars forever :)

aftermatch-_-12/01/2011 06:31(edited 12/01/2011 06:37)

+1 ndR
I dont have any1 specific, i admire some people in different spheres, for example marco van basten in football, brad pitt in the cinema industry, einstein in physics and mathematics and more and more so i cant say for sure who is my idol, it depends on how open minded you are and where is the limit of your knowledge and interests in different districts. my idols are just so many

200612/01/2011 08:34(edited 12/01/2011 08:37)

Sócrates

actepukc^12/01/2011 10:58

Hitler !

unBreakS12/01/2011 11:00

For me Benito Mussolini.. just kidding

CamelCloudrecord holder12/01/2011 17:45

Fidel Castro

- nympho -12/01/2011 18:36

Stewie Griffin

Display Name12/01/2011 18:40

Originally posted by Pqst`
Remi Gaillard

Shouldn't be too hard to follow his steps.

Nukk16/01/2011 11:16

please go say reason about ur idols

k a f f e e16/01/2011 12:15

Originally posted by aCTEPukC|1337
Hitler !


proper idol man


uhm, i cant think of any specific idols, i just wanna spend my days in a way i'm okay with... on long term. i like some literati, musicians, artists in general but none of them had a personality that i' could accept as totally satisfying

DiDo-Grecord holder16/01/2011 12:31

Bieber

WarOO716/01/2011 16:24

saddam hussein? haha no i havent idol

jack frog19/01/2011 01:35

Leonardo da Vinci

Puppey19/01/2011 09:35

Heraclitus (Weeping Obscure Philosopher) and other perplexing pre-socratic philozopherz0rz.

Page 2 of 6

Please log in to post replies.