Demochecking question!

Started by twistedVoid
13/01/2011 00:20
Page 1 of 1
twistedVoid13/01/2011 00:20

Before we get started, I want to say, this isn't because I think anyone have done something wrong, or that I suspect someone, this is PURE HYPOTHETICAL!
Alright, so, I noticed Vee started making WRs, and grats on that! Now, what I want to know, is it allowed for a demochecker (Vee in this case), to approve his own demos, or must some other demochecker approve it aswell?
I do NOT suspect Vee, I just noticed this and thought I would bring it up.

SUBWAYZ13/01/2011 11:46

Same thing crossed my mind after second WR.

Insignia13/01/2011 15:31

i guess other demochecker checked his demo,,,,,,,,

kyser13/01/2011 15:39

Originally posted by Chuck.
i guess other demochecker checked his demo,,,,,,,,

which others? let me know them!!

btw, its "supossed" that if u are demochecker at XJ, u are not using cheats, right?

evuly13/01/2011 15:55

Originally posted by kyser
Originally posted by Chuck.
i guess other demochecker checked his demo,,,,,,,,

which others? let me know them!!

btw, its "supossed" that if u are demochecker at XJ, u are not using cheats, right?


I'm quite sure some other demochecker check his demo, it would be unfair and also "unproffesional" (for lack of a better word) if they didn't check it..

SUBWAYZ13/01/2011 16:56

They don't check. Vee just adds his demo to releases. I'm sure about this since you can't name me another demochecker.

Insignia13/01/2011 17:23(edited 13/01/2011 17:37)

isnt ndR a demochecker , aswell?
http://img513.imageshack.us/i/56134536.jpg/

SUBWAYZ13/01/2011 18:19

And like he is checking Vee's demos?

kyser13/01/2011 19:25

Originally posted by Chuck.
isnt ndR a demochecker , aswell?
http://img513.imageshack.us/i/56134536.jpg/

apparently, no.

gizpo_O13/01/2011 21:06

Why couldn't he "check" his demo by himself? I don't see anything "unprofessional" there. Ofc there's possibility cheat but as we know you can ask eDark to check the demo, so imo there's no problem. Besides, it may give some motivation to check demos when he's recording aswell.

twistedVoid14/01/2011 00:40(edited 14/01/2011 00:43)

There's more to it than the cheat checking guys. Remember, occasionaly, some demos we can all agree on not being cheated are rejected i.e. due to some Steam issues.

Edited because I enjoyed being perfectionist (forgot big [S] in Steam! :s).

Vee mapper VIP14/01/2011 04:06(edited 14/01/2011 04:07)

kyser, SUBWAYZ and gizpo_O answered the question.

1 - No, no one checks my demos. I only check myself for correct settings (Steam ID presence, game settings, etc.).
2 - Yes, I could have cheated if I wanted to, but I don't think anyone watching my demo will possibly think I'm a cheater, right? Haha.
3 - I don't think it is unprofessional at all. If you say so, do you really mean you trust me to check mind-blowing times on great maps, but not enough to send demos of my own?

Hope the question was answered, I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Pqst`14/01/2011 08:08

Thopa have always check his demo... What's the problem if vee do the same?

twistedVoid14/01/2011 08:14

Originally posted by Pqst`
Thopa have always check his demo... What's the problem if vee do the same?

Never said there were any. Just curious how it works, pretty much.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.