qsk_azure

Started by CowOnCrack
16/01/2011 13:51
Page 1 of 1
CowOnCrack16/01/2011 13:51(edited 16/01/2011 14:56)

This map deserves its own thread.

I have been exploring this map since it was released on XJ and so far I have been unable to do 2 of the jumps:

Around the big pillar to a tiny block:
http://img258.imageshack.us/f/qskazure0000.png/

Jump somehow and catch that tiny ladder:
http://img690.imageshack.us/f/qskazure0001.png/

If you are aware of any skips or SCs and want to share do so, but I find their existence to be highly unlikely on this map.

Does anyone think NCing this map is possible? If so, how, and what methods would you use to train it?

I myself am just playing it for fun - the individual jumps on this map are harder than any on any other map I've played and so I enjoy just beating one jump at a time.

So in this thread:
1) Post jumps you're having trouble with, or help people who are
2) Post skips or SCs if there are any
3) If you can NC a section, that is demoworthy! Post the demo
4) Post any other ideas/tricks/methods that can help with this map

nobody^16/01/2011 21:02

Overall the map isn't bad, good textures and stuff. But most of the jumps are pretty annoying. Or maybe they are not my taste.Personally, I am not a mapper but I think mappers should make more enjoyable and creative jumps.

CamelCloudrecord holder16/01/2011 21:10(edited 16/01/2011 21:14)

Jump 1:

Make a huge prestrafe, like if you're doing a cj, and do a quick and sharp strafe as possible.

Jump 2:

Pretty simple once you find out how to do it, Adantoud helped me. Do a dd, like on drop cj, on a 90 degree angle, and hold W + D when you're about to get of the ladder.

The jump I have trouble with is the one where you have to duck jump with 0 as jumpoff. It's the third block, the one before the big bhop area. The part that may seem like a maze with tight jumps.

@nobody^:

The jumps on this map are as creative as you can get them. They're fun to geek, which is what makes an extreme fun to play.

dx^17/01/2011 00:34

Good map,but is very hard from me comming wr :)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.