kzsca_desk - 95% BETA * UPDATE III *

17/01/2011 08:53
Page 1 of 1
Chrizzy mapper Tournament #317/01/2011 08:53(edited 17/01/2011 17:00)

This map has already been in beta testing on kz-scandinavia.com since Christmas, but I've decided to post it here now. I will post everything I posted there so you can see how the map has progressed. Likely name for the map will be one of the following: kzsca_desk, kzsca_geekdesk or kzsca_creepydesk. If you have any suggestion please name it. Currently the name of the .BSP file is cy_xmas2010_bx as I intended for a Christmas release, I won't change the name of the file until the map is out of beta and complete.

Name: kzsca_desk (?)
Author: Chrizzy
Status: 95%
Type Climb
Length: 3-5 minutes
Production time: November 2010 - ?


Information

This is not a usual Christmas map, I just had this vision: A small Christmas tree on a computer desk. I immediately started making it, and made the 103 textures for the keyboard.

Pictures

Note: The monitor picture has been replaced.

- Original images ( 19.12.2010 ) -
-Image-
-Image-
-Image-

- New images ( 17.01.2011 ) -
-Image-


Update I ( 27.12.2010 )

I made the map a little brighter and added some details.

So, I got a couple options here with this map.

- Release as a late Christmas map for 2010
- Wait until 2011 ( :E )
- Release with a different name.

I'm probably gonna release it with a different name, and I will submit it to XJ. What i need is suggestions for a name from you guys :)

Update II ( 31.12.2010 )

A lot has changed, it looks much better now in my opinion.
Fixed the shortcut VErzuZ found hopefully, if you're still able to do it please inform me.

A new name won't be used until the final version for consistency with the beta versions.

-Image-
-Image-
-Image-
-Image-

Update III ( 17.01.2010 )

Fixed bugs posted by VErzuZ.


Download

-Click here to download the latest version- ( cy_xmas2010_b04 )


Please do not put this map on a public server or another website.

Pleas comment on what you think about the map, suggestions, if you find any bugs, shortcuts etc.

Have fun!

skizze17/01/2011 09:58

Looking very nice chrizzy!

gj! :)

Punk^17/01/2011 12:27

I loved this map, when I played it the first time :-) Whenever I get back from school I'll give it a go again!

qfiman*17/01/2011 16:37

dont like that disney-font and the texture of the monitor screen - should be just black imo.
nevertheless i think its a hilarious idea! =) gj!

qfiman*: The texture of the monitor screen is changed, I just don't have a image of it. Download the map and you can see :)

rUn24/01/2011 10:16

I really like this map, played it for a while and found a sc xD, but I don't know where to go in some part :(

VErzuZ29/01/2011 23:35

well you can kinda sc in the bookshelf, by sliding on the books, and one book doesn´t have a bottom texture, to lazy to screen, but i think you can find it if you already havnt.

Chrizzy mapper Tournament #330/01/2011 02:36(edited 30/01/2011 02:37)

I know about that sc and the null bug is already fixed.. Don't know what to do about that sc though.

I don't really like the book textures, they are so low quality but I cant find anything else :(

VErzuZ30/01/2011 02:52

you can sc on the book that had the null texture too, if you didn't know that.

Berkut Tournament #230/01/2011 09:59(edited 30/01/2011 12:56)

Would be nice if you besides type indicate a challenge of the map

VErzuZ30/01/2011 22:56

Your books looks fine, but the others are indeed kinda low quality.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.