Lags on steam

Started by Kpoluk
24/01/2011 22:16
Page 1 of 1
Kpoluk24/01/2011 22:16(edited 19/02/2011 09:46)

Hi, my problem is that I have 1-sec lags on steam LAN about every minute. Today I reinstalled my Windows XP SP3, installed video and sound drivers, installed steam and launched cs with default settings and in offline mod. But I still having these lags! I have this problem about 1 year and tried many ways for solving it, from changes in priorities to change OS, and I really dont know what to do now. On non-steam I haven't it.
My laptop: Toshiba A300-15E, dual CPU, 1.73 Ghz, 2 Gb RAM 256 Mb video(ATI Radeon HD 3470)
Demo(de_dust2): http://www.sendspace.com/file/hbs7bp
Screen(fps-death public): http://img219.imageshack.us/f/9ad712d75d1a.jpg/
Sry for my English.

UPDATE. I have seen some demos in fps-death and all contained these microlags, but point is not 4 fps, it is higher than 30 fps always. I have it too but these lags cannot be seen. You can feel it only if fps drop is about 4-5 fps, for example in koukouz's demo on dr0_surfari (after 3:00 since it started). But on my laptop in steam CS I can feel it rather often and this is a big problem because its impossible to record demo on steam.

Dilap19/02/2011 13:34

use more "PRIORETET" (on russian :D)

Kpoluk19/02/2011 16:01

I tried it. No changes. 2Pound - my proc is really weak, 1.73 GHz only, but I hope its not a reason =]

Blankflank28/02/2011 16:08(edited 28/02/2011 16:21)

I had something similar. In my case closing of steam window helps. I mean you should close all the windows connected with steam. Launch CS by right click on steam icon and "Counter-strike"
Close windows like in ss:
http://images46.fotosik.pl/636/af628494381413e1.png
Answer if it works.

Sorry for my english.

Kpoluk28/02/2011 16:21

I closed all windows and launched CS from tray icon, but still having lags =(

nucLeaR28/02/2011 17:04

CS used to be played on Pentium 2's, so I think it's the ATI card. I don't know why, but ATI was never good for CS.

Punk^28/02/2011 17:10

Yeah, ATI usually causes A LOT of problems with CS.

moonulica28/02/2011 17:12

your pc is alright
it might be from the cs settings like rate, cl_updaterate, cl_cmdrate, sys_ticrate

Nukk28/02/2011 17:12

Originally posted by Punk^
Yeah, ATI usually causes A LOT of problems with CS.

i dont think so.

jusuuh28/02/2011 18:45

Originally posted by Punk^
Yeah, ATI usually causes A LOT of problems with CS.


One kind of maps have never 100fps in one kind of ATI's.

Like me ATI HD48xx series cause problems in few maps (custom "joke" maps, but still works perfectly on NVDIA) and then in one of my favourite mod, jail. Cards just can't handle 32 players + big map with so much things, cheaper NVIDIA's 100fps allways..

Kpoluk13/03/2011 15:51(edited 15/03/2011 01:06)

254 with lag http://www.sendspace.com/file/ng17to lol, it'll kill me

Kpoluk29/05/2011 23:15

ok, now, with new hard, I have my old lags plus minifreezes every 5 - 10 seconds on steam and non steam while I recording demo. In fps-death it looks like drop ~18-30 fps (like my old lags but not so strong and more frequently)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.