Pixel Ratio

Started by Reprisal
29/01/2011 16:33
Page 1 of 1
Reprisal29/01/2011 16:33

Hello ya'll,
A few moviemakers have started to use a pixel ratio to make the resolution look like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BB9UAW30M4
And I was wondering, how do you make that pixel ratio/resolution or whatever it is? Caught my attention and I wanna try it out

Thx in advance

CamelCloudrecord holder29/01/2011 17:49

Pixel ratio as in the black bars above and under the video? Just render in a different aspect ratio I think.

Reprisal29/01/2011 17:52

So if you capture in 1280x720 you just render it with a pixel aspect ratio of 1.333?

Reprisal29/01/2011 18:35

Nah that's not it, that only gave me bars to the left and right, not above and underneath

Punk^29/01/2011 22:56

Why not send a PM to ndR and ask him? :-)

Reprisal30/01/2011 00:11

I've actually tried that, and got no response. And now I've added him on steam and I can only hope he'll reply. :)

ndR moviemaker Tournament #230/01/2011 02:07(edited 30/01/2011 02:07)

I'm unfortunately rather busy, teared between work, family life and some other stuff like this, so don't worry if I don't answer PMs quickly.

To answer your question, it's extremely simple...
Right click on the footage you wanna apply the "effect" -> Properties -> Media -> Pixel aspect

Reprisal30/01/2011 02:45

Thanks man, gonna try it out :)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.