rid_leonardo

Started by riddle
12/02/2011 13:10
Page 1 of 1
riddle12/02/2011 13:10(edited 12/02/2011 21:04)

this is my first map. Do not judge strictly...

Status: 100% Completed
Time: ~ 2.20 min
Difficulty: Easy

Download map: http://zalil.ru/30497428
Screenshots:
http://xmages.net/storage/10/1/0/f/4/upload/80332297.bmp
http://xmages.net/storage/10/1/0/a/d/upload/d5491522.bmp

c-walker`12/02/2011 14:26

You are not allowed to use the "kz_" tag if your map isn't accepted by XJ.

riddle12/02/2011 14:38

i'm sorry ... and if it is accepted by XJ, I can use *kz* tag?

CamelCloudrecord holder12/02/2011 14:38

It was enjoyable, pretty nice for being your first map, I must say.

But you should think about expanding the map a little bit, maybe adding a bunny-hop section somewhere, etc.

I didn't really like the beginning climbing part, make it a little bit more random, instead of a "circle climbing" seciton - and those doors were a bit pointless?

riddle12/02/2011 14:46

Yet this is the first map. The door is a piece of interier. Now I need to re compiling card with another name?

CamelCloudrecord holder12/02/2011 14:49

Name the map like jt_leonardo. jt is for "Jast", or something. Your choice to find your own tag.

riddle12/02/2011 14:57

ok =)


Compile your map using the -nowadtextures option in the CSG compiler so that wad files are included in the bsp and there are no seperate wad files to download (screenshot)



You should always do this. Having separate .wad files is not beneficial for anybody.

riddle12/02/2011 21:04

all done!!!!

daza mapper13/02/2011 22:00

Very nice first map :)

But u should work on finding some other textures and making some trims so it doesnt get repetitive.

I think you should try looking how other kz maps are made, and how we use trims so the textures doesnt get repetitive. It was very fun though, but i dont get where the Da Vinci Reference came from. :-)

But keep going, maybe try adding an outside part would be great :)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.