Bhop
Sorry for starting a stupid thread like this,but i am really pissed off. Whatever i do,I just cant make proper bhops,I watched the guide at least 200 times, i did everything I can to improve,but with no positive result.
I could really use some help here, if you can help me,please tell me what do I do wrong?
Demo: Here
pls upload the demo @ sendspace.com , every time i try to dl from rapid lately it shows me "invalid download"
http://www.sendspace.com/file/60lxdc sendspace link
Looks like bad timing to me :S
I think you should focus more on getting the timing right and less on the small strafes inbetween
Well, try to jump with mwheel...
to hard to time the bhops with your space ;)
Well, try to jump with mwheel...
to hard to time the bhops with your space ;)
i dunno if its truth, but i read one time, that some keyboards arent made for fast space release, so, with this kind of keyboard, u cant bhop well. Is it real?
man .. ur style is awlful and ur bhop ... u dont do nothing like the guide sais and ur fast and little strafes just slow u down
try bhoping w/o any multistrafes 1st .. ur style is like uberpanic these strange movements ... just do exactly as the guide shows (the smooth moving of the mouse to the left and right) and DO NOT multistrafe for now cuz apparently that slowes u down
Here is the style Im using while bhop
I know Im not good but just have in mind that Im drunk now when I recorded :D
http://www.sendspace.com/file/no0fbx
thanks for your help :)
and scooter, read what i say: I watched the guide at least 200 times.
and the 'strange movements' come from my old mouse,gotta buy a new one,hehe
btw,i know my style is awful :E thats why i post here ffs
i also think that its all about the timing. i cant explain being stuck on a jump otherwise...
I try to keep reminding myself to slow down if i start hitting the mousewheel too fast, you don't need to OMGSCROLL when you hit the ground, just a medium speed scroll will do you best, i try to think of scrolling slow enough so i'll be scrolling before i hit the ground and a little bit after. Not too slow or you won't get effective jumps all the time, but not so fast that you'll be out of scroll when you land :)
After getting used to timing on flat ground you really want to practice timing just by visual, because it's easy to get into the rythem of bhoping on flat ground, but when it comes to landings higher or lower then you, your timing changes.
Also make sure your on a solid strafe before you bhop, no changing directions right when you land, do that in the air.
Smooth strafes are the winning key for bhoping.
Here's the way i do it.
http://www.arokhproductions.net/zipfiles/bhoprun.rar
(kz_longjumps)
Notice how im really only making 1 strafe per hop, and that with consistant smooth strafing, you can slowly up your speed, but if you need a speed boost really quickly, what i do is give my strafe a quick nudge right when i land, or if i need an even bigger boost, i circle strafe (2 strafes per hop) as well as giving it a quicker nudge when i land. Doing more then 2 strafes per bhop is hard to do effectively every time, and only really reserved for the need of a bhop boost and mid-air boost.
Other then timing it's learning how to quickly reset your mouse because doing extended bhop runs you can run yourself into an awkwerd position fast :D I have the most difficulty with doing bhops up then down right after (or the otehr way around) the sudden timing change can get me. Also the stand-up bhops are hard to get used to doing :)
Edit: DL'd goldbhop and in a few runs did this
http://www.arokhproductions.net/zipfiles/goldbhop.rar
You can see i still have a long way to go .. alongside backing off by accident >.< But that shows what smooth strafes + a few duck and standup bhops can do.
Keep working at it, focus on cutting your strafes down, smoothing them and keeping a nice consistant scroll speed and you should have it in a few days at most :D i also find it a little harder to bhop on those drop blocks then solid blocks but that's just me :rolleyes:
[ Edited Sat Dec 02 2006, 09:10AM ]
here is a demo of my style (did it 1st try)
As u can see i use like 2-3 strafes @ jump and when i loose speed i use duckboosts which help me regain that speed
http://rapidshare.com/files/5704974/gbh.rar.html
You have a wacky strafe style Scooter, that rules :D totaly pwned me there. GJ.
I hope there's a guide made on how to do the standup bhop (or duckboosts i guess some may call it) is there anything special you need to do? Or is it just bhoping while you've ducked then standing up after you've jumped?
[ Edited Sat Dec 02 2006, 11:14AM ]
I hope there's a guide made on how to do the standup bhop (or duckboosts i guess some may call it) is there anything special you need to do? Or is it just bhoping while you've ducked then standing up after you've jumped?
exactly, u've gotta duck on were ur supposed to bhop, then when hitting the bhop place u simply release ur duck key.
(it's ezier imo 2 standupbhop if u do it with an angle, like u hit the standupbhop place with and left strafe and when standuping ur strafe right..)
does someone have a demo of this stand-up bhop technique? cause I cant remember how was it done
EDIT: I found out that the problem was in my timing.The strafes are fine :)
Demo: (rabbithighwayez) http://www.sendspace.com/file/mae2k9
[ Edited Sat Dec 02 2006, 07:46PM ]
well w/o duckboosts i can pwn most of the bhop maps but i always use it when i loose speed n that way i can pwn all bhopz xD
blood - ppl r sayin that there will be a guide for that soon so ull see
btw how long have u been jumping ?
EDIT : GJ , uve found ur problem n now u have to practise n stuf but the viewdemo time is 16:00 woot :/
[ Edited Sun Dec 03 2006, 03:38PM ]
the playdemo is under 1 min :D
ive been jumping for an year + 2 months :F but I never bhopped and thats the result I suppose
[ Edited Sun Dec 03 2006, 04:24PM ]
the playdemo is under 1 min :D
ive been jumping for an year + 2 months :F but I never bhopped and thats the result I suppose
If you never bhop... to begin with just try to beat the bhop maps like kz_megabhop, kz_kzrf_rabbithighwayez, bkz_goldbhop... You'll get better if you just beat them. And even if you can't make the jumps don't use hook/gravity try until you make them!
i made goldbhop and rabbithighwayez yesterday :E
i just cant make bhopLJ's and duckbhops yet :E
[edited]
vsync is off,and the fps is still 60. The strange thing is that i have a tft screen now and I have 60 fps.before I had a normal screen and i had 100 fps...
Please log in to post replies.