Fallout: New Vegas

Started by pLaguE^
05/03/2011 21:52
Page 1 of 2
pLaguE^05/03/2011 21:52

Who plays!

I just bought today :D

Puppey05/03/2011 21:58(edited 05/03/2011 22:35)

I've played it for like an hour and had to stop cause there were some inexplicable frame rate drops with no apparent reason (I can play Crysis 2 (demo) on Hardcore graphix so that's not the issue here). Can't wait for Bethesda's Skyrim V though.

Punk^05/03/2011 23:18

Skyrim will be awesome.
Only xbox plague :x

pLaguE^06/03/2011 02:09

Originally posted by Punk^
Skyrim will be awesome.
Only xbox plague :x

whats that :>

Punk^06/03/2011 12:30

The new elder scrolls game ;-)

d0tx06/03/2011 13:18(edited 06/03/2011 13:54)

Originally posted by Puppey
I've played it for like an hour and had to stop cause there were some inexplicable frame rate drops with no apparent reason (I can play Crysis 2 (demo) on Hardcore graphix so that's not the issue here). Can't wait for Bethesda's Skyrim V though.



There is a FIX for this and its a known issue

http://segmentnext.com/2010/10/19/fallout-new-vegas-errors-crashes-freezes-fixes/


Ontopic: Yes i played this when it first came, and completed it after ~30 Play hours did almost all of the sidemissions aswell.

It is a really good game & now the DLC's starting to show up makes me wanna install the game again but i dont got my savefiles anymore and I cba to play through the game again =)

I'm really looking forward for the new Elder Scroll: Skyrim

And pLaguE

The Elder Scrolls is a role-playing video game series developed by Bethesda Softworks.

The same developers that made Fallout. It is pretty much the same game as Fallout but instead of it being an Apocolyptic world you play in a Fantasy world :)

And Skyrim is the new game in the series of The Elder Scrolls that will be released in 11/11/2011

I did play Fallout series before i even knew what The elder scrolls was and i must say if you like fallout you will LOVE Elder Scroll so you should really check it out the newest game so far is Oblivion that got released in 2006.

Here is a movie of the new Elder scrolls: Skyrim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV2Jx4AQWeQ&playnext=1&list=PL34573EF48B40742F

There is some In-game footage in that video aswell

CamelCloudrecord holder08/03/2011 20:41

I've been playing this game for around 50 hours now, and I've barely seen the whole world. I've completed the main questline, and a lot of sidequests. I have more unfinished sidequests, than done - just FYI. I am max level, which is 35, and got there at around 45 hours of gameplay.

I have also played through the latest DLC, Dead Money, and it was, in my opinion, a rather boring DLC. It started of horror-like, with scary enemies, but after you got used to them - they weren't scary at all. The armor and weapons aren't that good either, you just get a small buffed up 44. Magnum which is called a "Police pistol", and a rather weak "Bear fist trap". None of these weapons are that good once you get back in the Mojave Wasteland.

So far awesome game. Started playing like 2 weeks ago.

pLaguE^08/03/2011 22:41

Originally posted by CamelCloud
I've been playing this game for around 50 hours now, and I've barely seen the whole world. I've completed the main questline, and a lot of sidequests. I have more unfinished sidequests, than done - just FYI. I am max level, which is 35, and got there at around 45 hours of gameplay.

I have also played through the latest DLC, Dead Money, and it was, in my opinion, a rather boring DLC. It started of horror-like, with scary enemies, but after you got used to them - they weren't scary at all. The armor and weapons aren't that good either, you just get a small buffed up 44. Magnum which is called a "Police pistol", and a rather weak "Bear fist trap". None of these weapons are that good once you get back in the Mojave Wasteland.

So far awesome game. Started playing like 2 weeks ago.

Yeah the whole world is freaking huge, I'm only lvl 9 (cause I started over) still very enjoyable :)

CamelCloudrecord holder09/03/2011 15:19

I'm thinking about making a pure strenght a melee character, because the "Oh Baby!" super sledge is fucking mean. It's the best melee weapon I think. I'll name him "troll".

Punk^09/03/2011 21:32

Yeah, going pure-melee is hilarious. I did it in Fallout 3 and bashing all of your enemies to death is very enjoyable.

pLaguE^09/03/2011 22:28

Originally posted by Punk^
Yeah, going pure-melee is hilarious. I did it in Fallout 3 and bashing all of your enemies to death is very enjoyable.

Something very fucking gay happened yesterday....I was in freeside and I was doing a side quest that required you to get bags of caps from 3 people, and one of them freaking attacked me, and I had to kill him, and my fucking karma dropped and now I'm shunned rofl.

I still need the passport to get into the strip from that one guy in the store (forgot name) and now when I enter they attack me. :(

CamelCloudrecord holder10/03/2011 07:43

ALWAYS save before doing ANYTHING, that's the best tip anyone can give you about New Vegas, or Fallout in general. If you have 2000 caps, you can just show them to the Securitron, they won't take the caps. I got fooled by that as well, and thought he took all of my caps, but he will just check that you have enough to gamble. :P

And the only reason I did the Freeside quests is because of Rex. I wanted him as my companion. Now I'm using ED-E with his upgraded weapon, and Veronica with a fully upgraded power armor. <3

pLaguE^10/03/2011 22:24

Originally posted by CamelCloud
ALWAYS save before doing ANYTHING, that's the best tip anyone can give you about New Vegas, or Fallout in general. If you have 2000 caps, you can just show them to the Securitron, they won't take the caps. I got fooled by that as well, and thought he took all of my caps, but he will just check that you have enough to gamble. :P

And the only reason I did the Freeside quests is because of Rex. I wanted him as my companion. Now I'm using ED-E with his upgraded weapon, and Veronica with a fully upgraded power armor. <3

Yeah I figured it out, Veronica is def the best :) i also use ED-E both extremely useful!

CamelCloudrecord holder11/03/2011 15:28

I went through that ghoul vault, Vault 34, with Boone (the sniper), and it was insanely easy. And the reward is amazing, make sure you have a lot of free space in your inventory. You get the unique All-American (Marksman Carbine) and a shit ton of other weapons. Getting there is the hard part, the vault is a fucking maze - and it has a small "puzzle" feeling to it.

I also went to buy the Anti-Material rifle (Barrett .50 cal) for 7500 caps, and another 7500 caps for all the different ammo's.

And, uh, if you have patience, try the new DLC :)

pLaguE^11/03/2011 22:25

Originally posted by CamelCloud
I went through that ghoul vault, Vault 34, with Boone (the sniper), and it was insanely easy. And the reward is amazing, make sure you have a lot of free space in your inventory. You get the unique All-American (Marksman Carbine) and a shit ton of other weapons. Getting there is the hard part, the vault is a fucking maze - and it has a small "puzzle" feeling to it.

I also went to buy the Anti-Material rifle (Barrett .50 cal) for 7500 caps, and another 7500 caps for all the different ammo's.

And, uh, if you have patience, try the new DLC :)

Where is the Anti-Material rifle located at?

CamelCloudrecord holder12/03/2011 08:56

After level 15, I think - at the Gun runners store. The Vendotron in the small shack.

pLaguE^12/03/2011 17:30

Originally posted by CamelCloud
After level 15, I think - at the Gun runners store. The Vendotron in the small shack.

I think you gotta have a higher level "guns" to actually buy it.

CamelCloudrecord holder12/03/2011 17:34

Might be. I had my "guns" on 100 when I bought it, level 20.

Have you killed the Legendary Deathclaw yet? I'm thinking about going in there soon.

pLaguE^12/03/2011 17:55(edited 12/03/2011 17:56)

Originally posted by CamelCloud
Might be. I had my "guns" on 100 when I bought it, level 20.

Have you killed the Legendary Deathclaw yet? I'm thinking about going in there soon.

No but I heard he's pretty easy if you use sneak + stealth boy, and just pop him a few times with Anti-Material rifle.

CamelCloudrecord holder12/03/2011 18:16

Or just blast him to hell with the Alien Blaster :D

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.