unstable sensitivy

17/03/2011 15:48
Page 1 of 1
Berkut Tournament #217/03/2011 15:48(edited 19/03/2011 16:56)

Hello,

It is just about 4 months I used to have sense bug and still do.
Haven't been able to fix it yet, tried quantity of methods and ways but failed. Exactly the same problem was already posted by fizik here, anyway I decided to start new topic in order to refer more replies.

Problem explanation:
Randomly and absolutely spontaneously sensitivity increases, recently found it dicreasing randomly as well. Sometimes it works perfect during the day but sometimes very bad

Primarily here you go my PC information:
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Pentium Dual-Core CPU E6500 @ 2.93GHz, 4.0GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
Mouse: a4tech X-718BK, was a4tech XL-750F

May be unnecessary but still.
Note: trouble appears both on 32-bit and 64-bit, everything was ok on 32-bit until mouse bug came from nowhere.

These didn't help:
- cleaning laser
- cleaning mousepad
- playing with/ without mousepad
- buying new mouse
- reinstalling Steam and CS
- defragmentation
- full hard disk formatting and reinstalling OS
- cleaning computer inside from dust
- removing waste processes in taskmgr/ closing useless programmes
- changing sensitivity settings in Windows to maximum (seems like helped for a day or so but I'm not quite sure)
- offline mode in steam
- setting different priority
- playing with/ without acceleration
- mousefix import to registry (including this)
- changing usb ports
- using/ not using mouse drivers
I'll edit if remember more

Whereas I played with no such pain in the ass long time ago, I believe it is still possible to be fixed :\

Please, if you have any ideas or responses, post here. Will help many.

P.S. Also I'll try to remove windows updates one by one, I do suspect it as a possible problem
P.S.S. No, I won't put WinXP :D



nike17/03/2011 16:01

You should try installing another OS..

Tried changing the Hz from 1000 to 500 like gizpo_O said? It has helped some people

Tried using an adapter and connect your mouse to the other slot?(not USB, the green one :D)

Tried if the same thing happens in other games? If not, you should. If you have, does the same thing occur in those games? Then it's most likely windows playing a trick on you.

Tried with a different mouse?(not an a4tech)

I don't have any solutions, however if you try these things you can narrow down the possibilities from where the problem comes.



Berkut Tournament #217/03/2011 16:15(edited 17/03/2011 16:16)

Yes, this bug is observed in CS only, at least I didn't notice it in the other games so far.

I will try tomorrow and post reply if it helps, because I'm busy today.

kunqui17/03/2011 17:46(edited 17/03/2011 17:46)

Uninstall Oscar software

fizik17/03/2011 17:54

Besides,have you done any tutorial to really get 1000hz in Win7 because sometimes it won't let you have 1000hz. And I can tell you from all I found out for now,there's no fix - you can try all the mousefixes avaible,play with old drivers or newer ones,change settings..Some people have this bug and some do not,I have no idea why. For example I didn't have it for like 2 months at kz and I haven't had the problem for like 9 months at aim...also,this only happens at hl engine,not at hl2.

kaa17/03/2011 20:00(edited 17/03/2011 21:04)

had same problems as you, adan. A lot of people have the same shit with their sens on WIN 7. That is because mouse registry fixes do not turn acceleration completely in WIN 7. Solution for me was changing os back to XP, and after that problem was gone...

Berkut Tournament #219/03/2011 16:55(edited 19/03/2011 19:51)

Originally posted by fN
Tried changing the Hz from 1000 to 500 like gizpo_O said? It has helped some people.

I've got a default value (500hz), anyway I tried to do it lower but it didn't change.. any ideas which soft to use compatible with win7 x64 and where to get it?

Originally posted by fN
Tried using an adapter and connect your mouse to the other slot?(not USB, the green one :D)

My PC doesn't detect mouse with adapter :(

Originally posted by fN
Tried with a different mouse?(not an a4tech)

That's why I'm in the tournament #3
If I lose, I will borrow from my friend

Originally posted by kunqui
Uninstall Oscar software

Tried - didn't help, tried again - again didn't help
Yet stabilized and didn't shit so much. Doubt this will last long

gizpo_O20/03/2011 01:55

Try to run hl.exe as xp mode? "mouse2 - properties - Compatiblity "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and xp if you have one? Also try to change priority.

daza mapper31/03/2011 22:26

1. Install set-point.
2. Set the DPI-scale to only one, so i can't change the DPI with the button.
3. Uninstall Set-point
4. install mousefix

It worked for me.. I don't know if it'll work for you, if you have a mouse look for "on-the-fly sensitivity" in your mouse software and uncheck it. This should do the trick too.

Berkut Tournament #228/06/2011 23:45(edited 28/06/2011 23:46)

Somehow problem is solved.. at least I see so atm, after one month of delay. I do also suppose some windows updates fixed it, but I am still unsure.

fizik07/08/2011 18:14

Okay,today I've heard of a new fix. Install the MarkC mousefix,then enable win7 mouse accel in options. You still have no accel and no bugs. Can anyone test and approve?

Nukk07/08/2011 18:23(edited 07/08/2011 18:25)

i got this fix like 6 months.well,it works fine.but accel in windows settings must be disabled

Over07/08/2011 18:49

use razer mouse wheres setings and all the stuff in 1 thing, you can change them anyhow you like and any time :o
Love my Razer deathadder drivers :]
btw for no accel theres "cpl mouse fix" for win7 installed it on first day i got new pc and im happy with it ^^

Mehrshad3D07/08/2011 19:36

maybe your win is 64bit you have this bug try 32bit windows

fizik08/08/2011 12:38

Originally posted by Over
use razer mouse wheres setings and all the stuff in 1 thing, you can change them anyhow you like and any time :o
Love my Razer deathadder drivers :]
btw for no accel theres "cpl mouse fix" for win7 installed it on first day i got new pc and im happy with it ^^


Alot of mice have this,and this is not a bug fixable in drivers...my solution posted above seems to work for alot of people though. CPLMouseFix ain't giving you 1to1 mouse movement in Windows 7 though.

@Above:

It's a bug you can have at 32bit aswell. (I wouldn't want to use 32bit anyways.)

Voodoo30/10/2011 10:08(edited 03/03/2012 18:56)

:]

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.