Steam connection problems

Started by jack frog
18/03/2011 18:27
Page 1 of 1
jack frog18/03/2011 18:27(edited 18/03/2011 18:29)

Hello there

I can't connect to the Steam network for 1 week now. Everytime I try to connect, this message shows up:

[blockquote]Steam.exe (main exception): To run Steam, you must first connect to the Internet[/blockquote]
Obviously I'm connected to the Internet, lol. Anyway, I've googled the problem and found some solutions that might help, but unfortunately they didn't. I've tried following:

• Delete ClientRegistry.blob
• Reconnect to the Internet
• Reinstall Steam
• Turn off Firewall
• Start Steam by TCP
• Delete all files in the Steam folder, except Steam.exe (someone said it will force Steam to update itself).


I have a Router btw.


I'm running out of ideas and would appreciate it if you could give me some other tipps or share experience with similar problems.

I didn't really care about it until now, but I'd like to play the game again. Since I've deleted the clientregistry.blob I can't even play in offline modus, lol.


Thanks in advance

Greetings

jack frog23/03/2011 14:58

Come on, nobody has an idea?

Stakezz'21/04/2011 21:20

do some research, dont be lazy http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=969269 check it

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.