area_color
Name: area_color
Author: areA
Type:Bhop & Climb
Length: 3-9999 minutes
Hello ,It's the new map comes up with my new mapping idea . The main theme is color , of cuz . I think this map is very difficult . I don't know English so that's all of my map's description .
Screens :
http://img855.imageshack.us/i/123iu.png/
http://img215.imageshack.us/i/1234tb.png/
http://img717.imageshack.us/i/12345q.png/
http://img844.imageshack.us/i/123456l.png/
area_color :
http://www.sendspace.com/file/686f91
Hello areA,
After playing your map, I can see that this map does not live up to the requirements we have here at XJ, for a map to be accepted.
I therefore decided to move your map here, so you would be able to get more feedback and see where you need to improve.
I will test your map more ASAP and give you feedback :-)
Have a pleasent day,
Punk^
First off all, what struck me with this map - was what you were trying to show... What I got from the map, was that it was just a random mix of colors and jumps, and there really was no point to it (I don't see it as a bad map!). Color is not a bad theme for a map in anyway, but I think you should concentrate on using a smaller amount of textures, rather than using every texture you were able to find.
Secondly, the map difference in difficulty is way too big.. Starts off easy, ends easy, but in the middle you're demanding a bhop combo of 105 bhops (Yes, I did count them, without skips and only one row in the end). Starting the map off the way you did, you should at least make a couple of pauses in between all those bhops (this was also the place that struck me as being extremely random with way to many textures, which was sort of annoying for my eyes).
A large number of lightbugs, extremely stretched textures and bad alignment was also present during the map.
These are the things I found, while playing the map.
Remember, this is only constructive criticism.
Best regards,
Punk^
Please log in to post replies.