Report button on newspost-comments

Started by twistedVoid
04/04/2011 01:26
Page 1 of 1
twistedVoid04/04/2011 01:26(edited 04/04/2011 01:28)

Read the title, and you will have an idea of what I'm trying to achieve.
Anyhow, I dont see why those comments should be a "safe-haven", where people can be let through with random, unneeded stuff. To me, a report button is a "Admin(s), please look into this post. IMO something is wrong here."-button, altho to be used with moderation and maturely, not descriminating ideas or ideals, but merely for the rules to have a greater depth/effect/whatever.

EDIT:

I dont see why those comments should be a "safe-haven",


Not to say that it is, just to say that admins cant be omni-potent and notice everything going on in this vast community.

ShoCkrecord holder Tournament #2 VIP04/04/2011 15:57(edited 04/04/2011 15:57)

not much to say here, just my word approved

pLaguE^04/04/2011 17:03

Or could do what youtube and yahoosports.com do (probably don't know what I'm talking about for yahoosports.com) make a thumbs up or thumbs down for that specific comment, and after a certain number of thumb downs it gets blocked.

Regardless the idea is good, I approve of this message.

zgooh04/04/2011 18:37

Originally posted by pLaguE^
Or could do what youtube and yahoosports.com do (probably don't know what I'm talking about for yahoosports.com) make a thumbs up or thumbs down for that specific comment, and after a certain number of thumb downs it gets blocked.

Regardless the idea is good, I approve of this message.

Thumbs up : NO
Don't you see the thumb up whoring on youtube ? Want to give the admins extra job ?! Reporting is good, approving bad on a long time range.

pLaguE^04/04/2011 20:46

Originally posted by zgooh
Originally posted by pLaguE^
Or could do what youtube and yahoosports.com do (probably don't know what I'm talking about for yahoosports.com) make a thumbs up or thumbs down for that specific comment, and after a certain number of thumb downs it gets blocked.

Regardless the idea is good, I approve of this message.

Thumbs up : NO
Don't you see the thumb up whoring on youtube ? Want to give the admins extra job ?! Reporting is good, approving bad on a long time range.

It's not for the video? I'm talking about the persons comment, it automatically blocks it on youtube/yahoosports.com

If you don't understand what I'm saying please don't reply...

zgooh10/04/2011 05:48

"...make a thumbs up or thumbs down for that specific comment, and after a certain number of thumb downs it gets blocked."

I'm not blind.
I'm against thumbing up because people will come up with cheesy ways to get noticed (on a long time range).

You're probably thinking that it's a good feature because it helps pointing out contructive comments, but the negative side is pretty important : the forums will become flooded with unhelpful comments and keeping them clean will become harder for the admins. It could work for some time, but not forever.

Reporting, though, is just fine, because unless someone willingly hides a comment without a reason, spams will be prohibited.

NONE of the above (normal) is good because nobody would focus on agreeing or disagreeing with someone and everyone will give his own advice, opinion without creating someone else's dissatisfaction.

Please, don't answer if you don't know what i'm talking about...

pLaguE^10/04/2011 06:00

I'm only talking about the newspost comments.

zgooh10/04/2011 06:18

Originally posted by pLaguE^
I'm only talking about the newspost comments.

There's no opinion to share there, mostly people just say :
Gj and /

pLaguE^10/04/2011 06:23

Originally posted by zgooh
Originally posted by pLaguE^
I'm only talking about the newspost comments.

There's no opinion to share there, mostly people just say :
Gj and /

not all newspost are demo releases

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.