BHMOD - The Bunnyjump Mod Mapping Thread
URL : BHMOD Community
Introduction
This new map prefix pertains specfically about bunnyjump modded maps where a bhop plugin in required to play, simular to AXN but this improves the speed restrictions and no-slowdowns.
Unlike AXN this bhop format describes of how Half-Life bhopping was meant to be played, from all versions of Counter-Strike predating back from Revision 1.1 and below.
Here is a brief description of what standards to quality to make a BHMOD map.
- Playable at 100fps
- sv_airaccelerate 100
- sv_maxspeed 1000
- Bunnyjump Plugin Required - Only Metamod and Amxmodx are approved
- No scripts/auto-jump or any other enhancements that can affect the quality of map.
These are just the guidelines of how to make BHMOD maps for Counter-Strike.
Already there's news going on about the changes of bhop modded maps floating around that a new name prefix was required to distinguish which bhop maps are modded or not. The BHMOD Community has decided that a name change from bhop to bhmod was necessary to alleviate the naming convention issue so that has been since resolved.
Well I wouldn't be promoting a new bhop format without maps to complement with it, Already 4 maps have been made and I have a few that needs converting which would take some time.
Here are the current maps that have been released in gamebanana.com using the "bhmod_" prefix
bhmod_ramp
bhmod_wild
bhmod_adversity
bhmod_dark
bhmod_skill3
bhmod_slide
Post your thoughts, your feedback is appreciated.
aa100? :/
There is no way we are gonna play this on aa100 :)
This was decided with the bunnyhoppers in Australia, Brazil, some point France and other countries who have tried it out. It doesn't hurt to try it out though with the client's default settings.
It may have a weird feeling to begin with, most kz players who have played my maps had no problems with adjustments and it doesn't seem to affect their kz style gameplay.
I don't get the point to be honest... You might as well play AXN maps, which actually requires skill.. and yeah sorry, but holding space and moving your mouse a little left and a little right once in a while is no challenge at all.
Some constructive critism:
1.
I don't get this. You give us maps that are ment to be played on some plugin, but you don't give us any plugin. Don't expect us to go look for your bunnyjump plugin.
2.
Your map design.
Actually, some of the architecture is pretty good, but there was alot of empty spaces in your maps (I only checked a few of them, but judging screenshots it looks like its the same issue all around).
Another issue is texturing. You are still using halflife.wad textures, those for the default maps. Don't. Please, I don't wanna play another map that utilize the exact same textures as the default de_ maps.
Also try adding some kind of trims to your map so your texture doesnt get repetitive. Alot of maps utilize this, just look at de_dust, de_aztec, etc etc.
So in my opinion you should retexture your maps completely (it's not that hard to be honest.), you can find some really nice big wad files on www.mappers.cosy-climbing.net, just register first.
Another issue with your maps (well in my opinion it's an issue!)
Floating blocks.
I don't know, but for some reason I find blocks floating in the air without any grip to the ground at all, just floating makes the make look unrealistic (I know it's a game, but atleast try giving it some kind of realistic feeling to it), and it looks amateurish aswell.
By the way you should in your bhmod_wild use fade2black textures, instead of just a black texture on the bottom, you can do this by adding a black gradient to the texture, and then adding a black block under it will result in the effect, and it will look just like there is no end, and it looks alot bettter that way.
Well I think that's about it, I couldn't really play the maps I just took a quick look around them.
Oh, and for your waterfall in one of the maps check a tutorial, instead of just having normal water floating down the wall shaped like a waterfall.
I would again like to remind you that this is only constructive critism, and i dont mean to offend you or anything, im just trying to help you out. :)
== EDIT ==
Ok, so I figured out it was AXN and a bunnyjump plugin. Never the less i did it with AXN and a scout.
It was quite fun actually and this could easily work as "Next Gen AXN maps", because I dont think you will find anybody that is willing to use a bunnyjump plugin in here, except they havent yet learned to bhop, but why not learn it anyway?
In my opnion you should work on the design, and make the jumps suitable for axn (slopes can still be used, you still get a speed boost, and it could become a technique to be able to bhop up a slide with alot of speed).
So it was quite fun, and could probably make AXN popular again, (if it ever was, I don't know? :D) and could easily work as AXN maps if you put alittle time into rebalancing the jumps.
two things which are bad for it since kz/bhop was on standard rules. so those 2 rules:
- sv_airaccelerate 100
- sv_maxspeed 1000
makes me go sick and wants to trash it :/
Btw i got a nice idea lets do everyone sv_airmovement 0. So that we all gonna do wstrafes again XD
Demo that's an amazing idea. Though would need some time getting used to it and in the process forget to not press w :D
Ive read your post daza about the contrusctive criticism before the site went awol, so I take your advice and next time build the maps with custom textures rather than using the default half-life ones which is what I have done with it for most maps with some maps like ramp as an exception.
I've updated the steam community group profile and the plugin that was used is the Metamod Bunnyjump plugin.
Here's what I've wrote as part of the announcement:
Bunnyjump Plugin used for bhmod maps
posted by Zerotech @ 03:45PM on May 11, 2011
Here I have compiled a plugin that is used for bhmod maps you can download it here off mediafire.
Mediafire
http://www.mediafire.com/?x1kv719exr2efy6
Alternative Link(s)
Megaupload
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1GJL7I8A
To install extract and copy the contents of the whole cstrike folder to the following directory.
Steam > SteamApps > YourAccount > counter-strike
Remember to set the settings in the console before you play it.
sv_maxspeed 1000
sv_airaccelerate 100
and to make sure everything is ok give it a sv_restartround 1 to refresh the settings.
The maps are only designed to play with a bunnyjump plugin and this is the plugin that was used for it, however the amxmodx bhop plugin can work but we support it on a limited basis. AXN plugin we don't support due to the mechanics of the plugin which was only designed for 10 air acceleration as the bhmod maps require 100aa maps to function well.
Sorry, but I'm not even gonna try these maps when they are made for custom settings plus (which is even worse) a custom bhop plugin. If you could somehow change these to be axn maps, no problem :)
Although AXN isn't my particuarly my favourite bhop plugin, I can try to make a map based off axn but the settings will need to be defaulted to the original cvar settings. For some reason it's not working properly on my server.
But according to axn this is what it supposed to look like, very simular to the bhop plugin I used but the settings though I question.
AXN Bunnyjump Video Demonstration
NOTE UPDATE: A couple of people have suggested that an axn bhop should be made, while I can make one it shouldn't be difficult for me to make but I haven't decided on it's naming prefix. Would "bhaxn_" be a good name for it?
Please log in to post replies.