Hardly realisable.

Started by zgooh
28/04/2011 19:31
Page 1 of 1
zgooh28/04/2011 19:31(edited 28/04/2011 19:34)

If you clicked because you wanted a challenge, this is what you get : http://englishrussia.com/index.php/2010/09/29/open-your-eyes-and-look/

A highly detailed map it what i'm thinking of, with many rooms to clear in order to proceed in the "corridor", squeaky old doors to open, obstacles to avoid fast, maybe even an old hidden room ?

Interested ?

nobody^28/04/2011 19:58(edited 28/04/2011 21:55)

Superb idea there, zgooh. It's just... I can feel the lack of fps from now. :D
It's worth a try, though. :)

sn00p mapper28/04/2011 19:59(edited 28/04/2011 19:59)

Originally posted by zgooh
A highly detailed map it what i'm thinking of, with many rooms to clear in order to proceed in the "corridor", squeaky old doors to open, obstacles to avoid fast, maybe even an old hidden room ?


Wrong engine.

Edit: To be more explicit, you can't have both of them in one map. Not in this engine.

Pieshels mapper28/04/2011 20:29

Judging by those screens, the only problem might be textures. At least detail wise.
And yet it looks like some kind of straightforward underground bunnyhop map.
I just don't see how someone is going to make "many rooms" so that they look interesting and not repeated (texture and detail wise). That could be a challenge.
Everything else is kinda default mapping.

zgooh28/04/2011 21:38

Hmm. Okay, @guys : Let me explain a bit more, you find some kind of mysterious underground building, many doors are locked. (Not being a bhop map,) opening new rooms in a short amount of time and finding the right way would be interesting.

Pieshels, especially : I dislike bhop maps because of the lack of job the jumper does : The more time you spend on something, the more time you ahve to enjoy it and start liking it. KZ would be a good choice here imo : Triggering doors, secrets by using logic and eyesight is way more interesting. That is why I believe having a slowly conquerable map is good : even the room amount could be decreased without massive changes.

nobody^28/04/2011 21:54

I guess if the map is somehow made like that, I meant the triggering and stuff, it won't be suitable for a public server. Just my opinion. :-)

zgooh28/04/2011 22:22

Originally posted by nobody^
I guess if the map is somehow made like that, I meant the triggering and stuff, it won't be suitable for a public server. Just my opinion. :-)

True, I love progressing like that, but the public server problem keeps coming back :P, it doesn't matter to me to be honest

Pieshels mapper28/04/2011 23:04

Well, as long as the rooms are made "in a straight line" (so you don't have to jump the same room twice at some moment), it would work on public servers.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.