Random shutdown

Started by nobody^
04/05/2011 15:41
Page 1 of 2
nobody^04/05/2011 15:41(edited 04/05/2011 17:39)

Hello mates,

I have to start from somewhere so I'll start from the problem. When I turn on my computer it switches off within minutes/seconds. Thank God it's not switching off everytime, but there are periods when it does. What's even stranger is that it turns on by itself, at times.
I would be grateful if someone recomends me something, I'll do anything. And if someone has/had the same problem he could share some advice. :)

Thanks in advance! :up:

Suggestions:

1. Over-heating.
-Cleaning up the dust from various computer parts.
2.Motherboard
-
3.Cables
-Try by changing the main cables.
4.Exe. files
-

nobody^04/05/2011 15:54(edited 05/05/2011 15:48)

Originally posted by leifi54
ghosts


Sure, now could u please try to post something that make sense?

Doesnt04/05/2011 16:01

I was never happened, did you try looking at your computer?

evuly04/05/2011 16:03

Could it be over-heating?

nobody^04/05/2011 16:16

Originally posted by evuly
Could it be over-heating?


I thought about that. Could u please suggest some ways to solve that problem? Cleaning up the ventilator?

P.S 1st post updated. :-)

motherboard problems?

nobody^04/05/2011 16:35

Originally posted by Phinx
motherboard problems?


That's a nice suggestion, can you be more exact and tell me what kind of problems could they be? :-P

AZAX-SYNDROM04/05/2011 17:18

try to replace ur hdd cables...
it's either cables or overheating...
there are several software for temperature monitoring...
gl

nobody^04/05/2011 17:26(edited 04/05/2011 17:57)

Thanks, I may try! :-)

Could this be the cause? I got an error but it appeard for a short time and I couldn't read it. It was something like "GameOverlay" and in the exact error window there were some numbers. I don't remember them, of course, but they were something like this "24340314x3423340438"

I clicked to terminate the programme and my comp shutted down, again. :-(
Atm, I am searching in D:\ and C:\, hope I'll find something.

AZAX-SYNDROM04/05/2011 17:34

if u had an error it's probably stored in "event viewer"...

nobody^04/05/2011 17:36(edited 04/05/2011 17:56)

I found many exe. files and all of them were located in D:\ where my steam folder actually is, except one. It was located in C:\ and I deleted it. I don't know if that may fix the problem, but let's hope so!

Do you think that these exe. files can mix up my system that bad? :(

AZAX-SYNDROM04/05/2011 17:44

try to google that exe file and see what it does...
don't delete exe files if u don't know what are they for... u will screw up ur windows like that...

nobody^04/05/2011 17:56

And yeaaah... the problems still remains as bad as it is... Damn, I am so tired of this shit! I am not worried about that exe. file because it's part of my steam. :-)

Mathzz04/05/2011 18:06

I had similar problem with my old computer. Turned out that the fans on graphic card were the problem. They stopped working, and when the PC started to run heavy the computer randomelly just shutted down everytime.

I'm not sure if you have the same problem, but you could always make sure the fans are working properly :)

AZAX-SYNDROM04/05/2011 18:07

download some temperature monitoring software and see if any of ur hardware is overheating.
if u have access to another computer try to switch hdd cables and see is there difference.. if u don't have another computer u could try to switch places of hdd cables within ur computer (if u have atleast 2 hdd's with same cable).

nobody^04/05/2011 18:49(edited 04/05/2011 18:51)

Originally posted by AZAX-SYNDROM
download some temperature monitoring software and see if any of ur hardware is overheating.
if u have access to another computer try to switch hdd cables and see is there difference.. if u don't have another computer u could try to switch places of hdd cables within ur computer (if u have atleast 2 hdd's with same cable).


Thanks Mathzz and AZAX. I am going to download a temperature monitoring software right away!

Oh, is there a grand of such software which is widely known and proved to be helpful?

AZAX-SYNDROM04/05/2011 19:08(edited 04/05/2011 19:11)

try speedfan or cpuid (full name "cpuid hardware monitor")...
i think both of them have temp for cpu gpu and hdd..

Lesicrecord holder04/05/2011 19:19

Maybe a cold solder joint?

nobody^04/05/2011 20:22

Originally posted by Lesic
Maybe a cold solder joint?


I am starting to think that the problem is caused by something like that. I think it's either that or some electricity probs. :/

R^3OPAH04/05/2011 23:35(edited 04/05/2011 23:36)

1st Power Supplies
2nd disable in bios something about turn on via Lan or something like that(I have same problem)

Page 1 of 2

Please log in to post replies.