Help, I need some advices..

Started by SkyBlue
16/12/2006 20:57
Page 1 of 1
SkyBlue16/12/2006 20:57

Hi, first of all I'm from Argentine and I started to jump about one week ago.
The problem is that I don't know how to strafe in the air. I saw all the guides and read a lot of post but no one says what is the proper moment to change the strafe. It's very hard for me to do a jump with air strafe 'cause when i change the strafe i lose all the velocity. In lj the best record was 230 with Prestrafe only.

Sorry for the English, but i didn't know how to speak it well u.u
Here it's a demo @ 228 platform:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/z9lecj

It's important to say that I'm running in a 0.5Hz processor with a 32 MB videocard integrated. And I'm jumping with a ball mouse :( without pad xD

If anyone have an advice to tell me, plz do it. And if in the video I'm doing something bad(Sure...) say me what is. And then i can perform my technique, is the unique method to jump better

ty for all.


(M.E.O.)St. Jimmy16/12/2006 21:23

WOW! damn LOOOOW FPS...
that's not good at all :P

With low fps (your average fps is under 60) is too hard to strafe...


I'm from Argentina too... do you play in Climbers-Arg??

SkyBlue16/12/2006 22:53

No, I'm start jumping 1 week ago.. So I play only in "lan". 'cause i try to do the maps in a short time. b4 that I'll start to climb in a server :P

With low fps (your average fps is under 60) is too hard to strafe...

(M.E.O.)St. Jimmy

I didn't know that!.. I was confused about with lower average is more difficult or easy. I put HighFps models, a black sky, but my fps was 60 as well.
I have another pc, with AMD Athlon Xp 2.1Ghz and a 64MB in. Videocard & I reach 60fps too :S.
What can I do?

crack16/12/2006 23:15

You have to put off vsync ( vertical synchronisation )
you can put it off in your videocard options.

and then type this into your console = fps_max 101

make sure vsync is off, it's important for every game

Tafatt16/12/2006 23:15

You need to disable V-sync on your graphics card and type fps_max 101 in the cs-console.

crack16/12/2006 23:19

lol ;D

SkyBlue16/12/2006 23:27

Ty very much. I know nvida have nview and so on. But this videocard doesn't have opts :S Only Desktop props.

Any opt is in the bios?
[ Edited Sat Dec 16 2006, 11:28PM ]

.:thebutcher:. mapper17/12/2006 00:09

another good idea is to bind +scrolldown jump or something like that, this basically makes you jump using the scroll thingy in between the two buttons on your mouse, but seeing that you have a ball mouse i highly doubt you have the scroller. anyways, this helps because you have more control of the timing of the strafes.

SkyBlue17/12/2006 00:22

Yes, I've already bind the mwheeldown & up, ty :D
/edit: here the 230lj prestrafe only @ 230 platform.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/b85kmz

I needed a driver. Now I turn off the v-sync and I've 100fps :D
Thanks for the comments, I'm really happy :D
Now.. I need to refine my technique but its more easy to strafe with this average :)


[ Edited Sun Dec 17 2006, 08:19PM ]

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.