bhaxn_tunnel - Bhop AXN Mod Map
Here's just the first room I've added so far, I could try to decorate the terrain to look nicer.
[IMG]http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6457/bhaxntunnela1b0000.th.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/5171/bhaxntunnela1b0001.th.jpg[/IMG]
I took the advice from daza about using custom textures and fixing up the issues of the drop platforms in regards to appearances.
But I'm a bit unhappy that the changes recommended left a bit of particles behind, maybe I need to try another method of getting the drop platforms to drop nicely without having either the flickering-end of the drop platforms or leftover residue particles left behind.
Map isn't available to download as yet as I only would release the map only if I feel enough work is done on the map.
To rid of this "flickering-end of the drop platforms" use Lip attribute:
Func_door:
-Lip 5
Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a shot and see the results, thanks.
EDIT: I get what it does now. the platforms don't drop down completely but leaves a small height to that the drop platforms don't collide with the ground texture ie. joining 2 textures in one, otherwise it would normally leave the flickering-end of it.
hey it looks nice, but you should add tops to the mountains and you should add a real fade to black texture to the stage.
If you don't know how to do this pm me and i'll help you with it. (it's not that hard, it's just applying a black gradient to a texture.)
Anyway another thing you shuold play around with is the pitch and the brightness on your light_environment entity. If you try using -45 Pitch you get an interesting shadow on your map, and if you set the brightness on the light_env to X X X 50 you get a more dark map (not nighty dark, but alittle more "dark".)
Oh and regarding your name change, maybe it isn't the best let's take a look:
"bHAXn_"
HAX, like ch33tz. Anyway your still using your bunnyjump plugin so i guess its somewhat bhop haxxx, lol!
(If you take a look around the maps in the record list they aren't named axn, theyre just called real names. I think that axn_ would be a nice tag though)
And regarding the lip's on your func_doors i would recommend using 8 lip and then add your aaatrigger 9 units over the ground. This way it doesn't float through the block.
Oh and one last thing: Regarding the terrain, you don't have to use a black texture as the ground, instead you could just use another grass texture (a darker one in my opinion), this way it looks more "normal", and you don't get that spooky and unrealistic weird feeling you get when you just add a black texture to the ground. :)
Now I just wrote another wall of text, god damnit I keep doin' that.
Thank you for the reply daza, the name tag prefix "bhaxn_" might be a bit sort of flaky, I'm going to have a discussion with the bhmod team this sunday about axn maps what names should it be, by the looks of it "axn_" sounds pretty good but a bit generic though.
I'll need to import the aaatrigger textures about the Lip properties in regards to func_door but I am using NULL as the texture as an alternative and it works still for me theres no reason why i need to use aaatrigger if NULL works just as well but AAATRIGGER may have additional functions that serve's for that particular texture which is probably the reason why you have suggested it. I can include it but for not it's not necessary unless I come into problems.
It's just that I'm not using halflife.wad textures atm so anything that needs to be added, the wad that pertains the current textures will also need to be updated as well.
Updated Pics: Now the lighting you've suggested really feels a lot more like kz now,thanks heaps :)
[IMG]http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/8092/bhaxntunnela1e0000.th.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/8080/bhaxntunnela1e0001.th.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/159/bhaxntunnela1e0002.th.jpg[/IMG]
mh still a bit to dark for the sky. give the light a warmer & brighter color to get a better transition between the sky and the map itself. Also recoloring the textureswall in to a more yellowish color should do the work too. otherwise it looks unharmoniously
and maybe the name of the map is a bit missunderstanding too because there isnt really a tunnel yet ^^
a small suggestion from myself just plan the map from theme to concept and draw it on a paper to get a better overview of it. creating a whole good map only out of the eyes is hard and just a few can do it.
A couple of people from Kreedz Australia have made a few suggestions of what needs to be done in terms of design, the lighting may look a bit dark, I can lighten it up a bit. I can do some recolouring of the walls though to a bit more yellow, just got to find the right textures for it though.
However I will make an interment release of the map, 2 rooms added so far.
Map Download - bh_axn_tunnel Alpha 2 Developement
http://www.mediafire.com/?0k408yb49ybbs4x
UPDATED PICS:
[IMG]http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/84/bhaxntunnela2a0000.th.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/896/bhaxntunnela2a0001.th.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2654/bhaxntunnela2a0002.th.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3323/bhaxntunnela2a0003.th.jpg[/IMG]
Upadted Pics from Alpha 2a
Not sure if you like the new walls though, I can change it's appearence of the walls if you like.
Here's an update of the map Alpha 2b
An entrance to an underground for the tunnel but i should also add the exteriors not just the font so it resembles the tunnel entrance better. Here it is I've done my best to make an entrance of a tunnel, I know there are different types of tunnels but this one goes underground.
[IMG]http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8452/tunnelr.th.jpg[/IMG]
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Here's the Alpha 2b Release of the map if anyone is interested.
http://www.mediafire.com/?0k408yb49ybbs4x
I added you to friends, Zerotech so we can actually have a conversation instead of spamming the forums.
Here's an update of the map's progress:
6 Rooms been added, 2-3 rooms decorated. You can check out the progress here in Gamebanana.
http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/156243 - Hosted from Gamebanana
Please log in to post replies.