Highjump bug? No edgefriction?

Started by VErzuZ
23/06/2011 22:43
Page 1 of 1
VErzuZ23/06/2011 22:43(edited 23/06/2011 23:06)

Hi xj. First of all I gotta say I'm not a good longjumper.

I haven't tried highjump that much, but today i decided to see how far i could jump. So i started from 236 and went up. When I was on 239, something really weird happened. I made it with 245 stats, and 6 edge. I had 269 prestrafe. Here is screenshot from demo- http://imageshack.us/f/98/statsjc.jpg/ . I thought that this cant be possible. My only explanation is that the edgefriction didn't work. And that this is only a lj (A really bad one!). I might have an explanation to what caused this. When i opened the demo in demo explorer (Fps-death wont work for me) i saw that right before i jumped my fps dropped. screen: http://imageshack.us/f/860/239hjdemocheck.jpg/ . What do you guys think? If someone made a wr with this. Should it get accepted or not?

Here is the demo: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/29120023/239_hj_VErzuZ.dem

I'm sorry for my bad english!

fizik23/06/2011 23:25

That's a known bug. If your fps drops the edgefriction disappears for that moment - and no,it's bug abuse in that case and such a jump won't be accepted.

MAKEH LoVe GirL24/06/2011 10:35(edited 24/06/2011 10:36)

I take 241block with 247.954 stat and 267.667 pre.
If you run up to the edge of the block under a small angle, slowing down does not work.

kaynerecord holder24/06/2011 11:10

http://xtreme-jumps.eu/comment.php?comment.news.1488

read about blu3ye's highjump demo and you'll get it, same thing happened to you if i understood it right =D

VErzuZ24/06/2011 13:21

Ok thanks guys!

Pulsar!24/06/2011 14:40(edited 24/06/2011 14:41)

The area of edgefriction can be calculated as A=13.6*sin(f). where:
A - area of edgefriction
f - angle between ur moviement vector and edge.

If you jumps in a paralel to the edge sin(0)=0, and edgefriction area will be 0 too, but cost for this - you need to turn 90 degree in the air.

Here you can find a bit more information http://xtreme-jumps.eu/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?63696.0

VErzuZ24/06/2011 19:14(edited 24/06/2011 19:17)

Pulsar!: ah nice im gna try geek hj a little

Btw someone should make a plugin showing how much you got affected by the edgefriction!

Nannou24/06/2011 20:16

Originally posted by VErzuZ
Pulsar!: ah nice im gna try geek hj a little

Btw someone should make a plugin showing how much you got affected by the edgefriction!


kzm edgefriction

VErzuZ24/06/2011 21:27

Originally posted by Nannou ;3c
Originally posted by VErzuZ
Pulsar!: ah nice im gna try geek hj a little

Btw someone should make a plugin showing how much you got affected by the edgefriction!


kzm edgefriction

File doesnt exist anymore. It was not really what i was looking for i think. I meant something that tell you how many units from the edge edgefriction is on every jump.

Ft.skY17/07/2011 15:50

You can work around it by 2-3 units, if we look xx,x degrees to the next block before the moment of the jump (c) me
P.S. sorry for my bad English language :D

Grrr17/07/2011 21:58

but we are talking about fps drops, or does it reduces withlow fps - when u reach the edgefriction levels?

Ft.skY18/07/2011 08:48

Originally posted by Grrr
but we are talking about fps drops, or does it reduces withlow fps - when u reach the edgefriction levels?



I don`t know it.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.