W-Strafes?

Started by jack frog
26/06/2011 15:20
Page 1 of 1
jack frog26/06/2011 15:20

Hello,

can anybody explain me what "W-Strafes" are exactly? Are they easier to execute or do they give you somewhat of an advantage?

I didn't find any other thread about it, so thank you for any info!


Greetings

Womanaizer26/06/2011 15:44

it's usual strafes, but with pressing "W" button
they are not easier, and don't give any advantage
it's kind of longjump

Playmate26/06/2011 17:42

There is no such a thing as "w-STRAFES", there is W - Prestrafe.

jack frog26/06/2011 18:05

FoF - A Portrait: "Another conspicuousness were his W-strafes, because that technique was buried long ago." http://xtreme-jumps.eu/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.125

^obviously there is, that's why I'm asking. I couldn't get any gain by pressing W, so I'm really curious how this technique works.

Womanaizer26/06/2011 20:00

Originally posted by jack frog
FoF - A Portrait: "Another conspicuousness were his W-strafes, because that technique was buried long ago." http://xtreme-jumps.eu/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.125

^obviously there is, that's why I'm asking. I couldn't get any gain by pressing W, so I'm really curious how this technique works.

it's "4fun" technique

memekrecord holder26/06/2011 20:33(edited 26/06/2011 20:33)

Originally posted by Playmate
There is no such a thing as "w-STRAFES", there is W - Prestrafe.


Or just jump with W :D

Grrr26/06/2011 21:56

"w-strafer" - to strafe like a noob :D

musaka27/06/2011 05:28

Originally posted by Playmate
There is no such a thing as "w-STRAFES", there is W - Prestrafe.

spr1n mapper27/06/2011 15:07(edited 27/06/2011 15:10)

Originally posted by Playmate
There is no such a thing as "w-STRAFES", there is W - Prestrafe.

what a lie...

wet strafes or w-strafes were common thing among newcomers mostly until 2005, because nobody told them they should release W in air. These people got used to strafe holding both W and a strafe key (A/D) in air... w-strafes dont give any advantage

Grrr27/06/2011 18:09

Originally posted by spr1n
Originally posted by Playmate
There is no such a thing as "w-STRAFES", there is W - Prestrafe.

what a lie...

wet strafes or w-strafes were common thing among newcomers mostly until 2005, because nobody told them they should release W in air. These people got used to strafe holding both W and a strafe key (A/D) in air... w-strafes dont give any advantage

exactly

jack frog27/06/2011 21:22

Ah, ok! Thanks Womanizer and spr1n for the infos!

dex7eR`30/06/2011 16:30(edited 30/06/2011 16:31)

U can find a bunch of skilled w-strafers on hns servers :D

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.