Adding proper descriptions
Hello guys,
Okay..
First of all, I am not sure if this is the right section, second, I have no idea how to name this topic. I am talking about the descriptions of the stuff on frontpage, doesen't matter if we are talkinga about ROTW,movie on frontpage, demo release etc...
Most of the latest ROTWs have the same description, like:
Xtreme-Jumps presents (jumper's) amazing run on (map) chosen from the xx special demo release, transformed by Airwalk Media's filmmaker (the creator of the ROTW) into visual art, based solely on his filmmaking imagination.
Don't know for you guys, but for me it's kindа boring to read the same stuff. Yes, I know.. maybe this whole thread is stupid and I won't get even one positive reply but I just want to share my opinion with you guys, maybe someone thinks the same as me.
For example, before quite a while the movies used to have descriptions that were pleasant to read, such as wrath - acknowledged
To ease you, mates:
http://xtreme-jumps.eu/comment.php?comment.news.1136
Don't be too harsh on me, I just tried to share my opinion somehow, I don't want to make pointless topics but I think that this ain't that pointless after all.
Best regards,
N
:up:
well i dont think they should write soo much about movie description.. i like smaller ones but well written.
and yea it really is boring to read the same thing again and again ... on the rotws description(but after all its just a rotw so it could be just 2-3 sentences but those sentences should be different of the other rotw posts)
and i though from the title its gonna be again some flame thread xD (you should change it)
waddup nobod ^.^
Uhmm, well a few corrections to ur post :
1] the topic shudn't be named "freedom of speech" .. fos means like the right to express one's ideas and opinions in an expressible format.
2] u shuda named it like "adding proper description" or something like that. :P
However, on ur topic:
1] People who read my post in here - http://xtreme-jumps.eu/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?287814.0
would know that it was one of the "many" points that I mentioned in there.
Possible Reasons are/could be:
1] due to a tight time schedule it's not always possible for the admins to add on a huge details of a video every time.
2] it's once in a blue moon that something miraculous is gonna happen/had happened to rotw's. The stuff comes every week, not like a special frontpage movie that has the occurrence frequency of 1 in a month. (forget abt this month, this month was too much lol)
Yes, but I do agree to your point, that's 101% true - descriptions have pathetically been shortened down to one-liners. Something needs to be worked out.
Kind of like the map description of kzsca_highblocks "It's Chrizzy !" If you're a new player this makes no sense.
Originally posted by FrugglineKind of like the map description of kzsca_highblocks "It's Chrizzy !" If you're a new player this makes no sense.
Does it really bothers you that much? Not like I´ll be playing the map based on XJ description. Sorry but it could even have the best description ever, I would still try it out for myself.
I understand nobody^ and prad, but well.. in fact no one reads the description and no one takes it into consideration. In fact : if are going to watch the rotw you'll be ignoring the description whether it's superb or shitty description; if you are not going to watch the rotw you'll be also ignoring the description and I'm quite sure it won't make you want to watch the ROTW, so admins are right when write same description .... I would better ask just not to use this kind of "literal text". They would better write simply and clear : We present you the xxth edition of ROTW , movie made by XXXXX from AirwalkMedia or wherever that mm is from.
As a beginning, I want to thank my boiiii prad for the advice! <3 :)
Well, I guess that there are people who read those descriptions, and if those ppl are new to the KZ world, they might not get interested into it if there isn't an interesting and catching description. :-)
My opinion once again!
I read the descriptions and i really think it matters. I do think that each description text should be specific and unique to each videos/news. I can understand that it might take a lot of times and admins can have a lot of stuff way more important to do than writin such things. To conclude i'd love to see prad doin this :D
Originally posted by finzErI read the descriptions and i really think it matters. I do think that each description text should be specific and unique to each videos/news. I can understand that it might takes a lot of times and admins can have a lot of stuff way more important to do than writin such things. To conclude i'd love to see prad doin this :D
I said it before and I'll say it now, prad is the perfect guy for this job, without a doubt! His english is very high-leveled and he knows how to wright catching reviews!
Originally posted by unBreakSon the rotws description(but after all its just a rotw so it could be just 2-3 sentences but those sentences should be different of the other rotw posts
I'm writing rotw news on kreedz slovakia website (we are now just on 13th rotw) and believe me, it's fucking difficult to create another text each time in each rotw news. I don't wanna imagine how difficult it must be for cyclopP on rotw 60. Who didn't try writing this stuff every week, just can't know how difficult it can be, and I fully understand him.
By the way, personally I don't read it, I just look on the name of the moviemaker and the jumper, then start watching, so the same text is really not bothering me at all.
I'd have to agree that Prad is a prudent wight, yey. Would really like to read some of his awe-inspiring ever-improving and to some level rather redundant fragments of a vivacious review. The guy devotes much of his vital time executing it just to infotain our gluttonous desire.
Splendid idea. x1 Prad.
Hey guys,
Well I tried, and hopefully succeeded, to change the ROTW aspect, presentation wise, for #61 edition http://xtreme-jumps.eu/comment.php?comment.news.1515.
The only major reason why all the other news were written in a short way, is because this kind of news is a presentation type, being announced on a weekly basis, every monday, and from my newswriting experience, these type of news must be very short, the point of it being the actual thing you are presenting.
This is why, these type of news must have a specific pattern.
However, taking into consideration that we (this site) isn't really a newswriting site and it's more like a community, with news coming from within the kz scene, I think we can work something out.
Unfortunately I can't promise that this will continue to happen for the future rotw news, but we will try to keep your suggestion alive.
Best regards,
CyclopP - COO of XJ
Thanks CyclopP, I read the ROTW description with pleasure!
In addition, I want to say that Puppey is also 100% suitable for the job of writing reviews!
Heh, appreciate it lad but I'm way too irresponsible for a task of such monstrous magnitude. Also, college is debilitating my viable function and the way I fit in in this whole 'virtual' world. It just sucks the life from thee.
I do believe that CyclopP is more than capable of doing the proficient job on his own and on top of that we must not neglect the fact that he's probably the only admin who finds it in his ever-beating heart to heed our deplorable call.
Originally posted by PuppeyHeh, appreciate it lad but I'm way too irresponsible for a task of such monstrous magnitude. Also, college is debilitating my viable function and the way I fit in in this whole 'virtual' world. It just sucks the life from thee.
I do believe that CyclopP is more than capable of doing the proficient job on his own and on top of that we must not neglect the fact that he's probably the only admin who finds it in his ever-beating heart to heed our deplorable call.
To be honest, I used google translate for 5+ of your words!
Your english is perfect!
Please log in to post replies.