More objects

Started by Fact_or_Fiction
26/12/2006 18:02
Page 1 of 1
Fact_or_Fiction26/12/2006 18:02

Hi, I'm creating my longjumps map. Everything is ok, while I'm no trying to put tables (units numbering) on the wall.
http://chainer.puslapiai.lt/aaa.jpg
After I craete some blocks (on which I'm going to put numbers of units):
http://chainer.puslapiai.lt/bbb.jpg
.. when I press f9 and trying compile map, valve hammer crashes..
What happens? How I can fix this problem ?

acidburn26/12/2006 18:14

Any error message? Try to add only one of those blocks and experiment with that. Maybe you are able to figure out what's wrong.

Fact_or_Fiction26/12/2006 19:38

Thanks, :) I figured out this problem. And couse I'm new in cs mapping, could anyone advice me talking about my map:
http://rapidshare.com/files/9039245/kzlt_longjumps_v1_07.bsp.html

Screenshots:
http://chainer.puslapiai.lt/kzlt_longjumps_v1_070000.jpg
http://chainer.puslapiai.lt/kzlt_longjumps_v1_070001.jpg
http://chainer.puslapiai.lt/kzlt_longjumps_v1_070002.jpg

acidburn26/12/2006 22:04

On the first picture there is a light entity in the sky. That looks ugly. You should put there something that looks like a source for light - a bulb for instance.

I can also see that the longjump sings are splitting up the wall. You should move the sings 1 unite away from the wall to fix that.

Fact_or_Fiction27/12/2006 00:43

Thanks acidburn.
Maybe anyone can learn me to create teleport. I have read some tutorials, but nothing in human language.

thopa01/01/2007 12:54

Teleporter:
- Create a brush, mark it and press ctrl+T (Object Properties)
- Under Class: Choose trigger_teleport
- Under Attributes: Choose Target and give it a name (ex tele1)

Teleport Destination:
- Create any entity, mark it and press Alt+Enter
- Class: Info_teleport_destination
- Attribute; Name; Use the same name as you gave the trigger_teleport brush) (tele1?)


Doing this will not let you see the specific teleport since the trigger_teleport brush will be invisible. So if you want to make it visible you should add a sprite, a func_illusionary brush or a creation that looks like a teleporter. Whatever you choose you must ofcourse position the sprite/brush (etc) at the same place as the trigger_teleport brush.



.:thebutcher:. mapper01/01/2007 23:43

"Thanks acidburn.
Maybe SOMEONE can TEACH me HOW to create A teleport. I have read some tutorials, but nothing that i can understand." :!
[ Edited Mon Jan 01 2007, 11:43PM ]

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.