Delete accounts

Started by Boffex
20/07/2011 15:04
Read-Only
Page 1 of 1
Boffex20/07/2011 15:04

Hey.

I managed to click on Sign Up when I got here today, and I saw you whine about mulitaccounts.

You should'nt set up such a rule, if you cant even remove your old account.

kaynerecord holder20/07/2011 21:27

why would you create an account, then remove it and then create another one?

Boffex20/07/2011 22:44

Originally posted by kayne
why would you create an account, then remove it and then create another one?


What if you want to remove your account only?
Maybe remove his account because of some reason, 5 months later he comes back.
Atleast fix a delete acount button...

kaynerecord holder21/07/2011 03:41

Or just leave it, and use it again 5 months later when he comes back?

Useless.

Boffex21/07/2011 06:02

Originally posted by kayne
Or just leave it, and use it again 5 months later when he comes back?

Useless.


So if someone wants to remove their account, they can't, because you think its useless.
It should be the users right to remove his account if he wants to, not the admins.
Every other site, that got registration got a remove account button, and why is that?
Because its civilian rights.

evuly21/07/2011 13:12(edited 21/07/2011 13:12)

Why can't you just simply ask an admin to delete the account instead?

Boffex21/07/2011 14:37

Originally posted by evuly
Why can't you just simply ask an admin to delete the account instead?


I dont wanna delete my account, I saw a issue with the site, and I think a account delete button should be there.
There is nothing like civilian rights here on this site, so I may actually wanna delete my account.
You cant even change your nick whenever you want, trololololol.

jarski21/07/2011 15:26

You realize ur talking about civilian rights on a gaming website?

evuly21/07/2011 16:46

Originally posted by Boffex
Originally posted by evuly
Why can't you just simply ask an admin to delete the account instead?


I dont wanna delete my account, I saw a issue with the site, and I think a account delete button should be there.
There is nothing like civilian rights here on this site, so I may actually wanna delete my account.
You cant even change your nick whenever you want, trololololol.


I wasn't really referring to you, but why would anyone want to delete their account? Now if you would like to delete your own account, what's the problem with asking an admin?

And the "change-nickname-yourself-function" would just be abused if the members themselves could change their nicknames.

Boffex24/07/2011 15:00

Jarski: So I shouldnt have any rights to remove my account If I want, or anyone else?
Doesnt matter if its a bookstore website or not, there is still civilian rights.
This is like the first website Im registered on, that DOESNT have a remove account button or something similar.
To be honest Im not a members of many sites, but still this is the first.

XJ, you just dont wanna loose any member, I think that's the reason why you won't have a remove account button.
Kinda pathetic

Punk^24/07/2011 23:07(edited 24/07/2011 23:09)

Boffex, most sites dosen't have a delete account button. In fact, I can only think of social networks sites, where you have the option to delete your account. We don't have this button, because we feel it is not needed as well as our coders have better things to do at the moment. If you're so fixated on getting your account deleted, simply contact an admin and it will be deleted and/or disabled.

Also, I'd guess that 99% of all sites dosen't allow you to change your nickname in any way.

Nikša Jovanovic11/08/2011 21:08

Deleting your profile on this site will not be allowed, for all members (admins, normal users).

Page 1 of 1