Problem when playing demos[not only]

Started by nobody^
26/07/2011 22:06
Page 1 of 1
nobody^26/07/2011 22:06(edited 05/08/2011 11:35)

Hey there,

I will try to be short.
Basically when I record a demo and play it right after (playdemo), my fps drops to 30-40 and when the demo ends it still remains that low.

When I quit and launch cs again, everything is fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers! :up:

Chichin mapperrecord holder26/07/2011 22:18

try "viewdemo" command instead of "playdemo"

nobody^28/07/2011 13:04

Same thing. :-(

Marshell28/07/2011 13:12

try to update your video card drivers ;/

w1zzrecord holder28/07/2011 13:23

Viewdemo "demoname", then ESC, pause the demo, wait for a little bit until you see the fps going back to 100 and replay it. It should work..

nobody^28/07/2011 15:50(edited 28/07/2011 15:52)

No success, again...
When I start cs and play the demo everything is fine.
It's like this..
When I play the demo right after I recorded it, it lags.

KooleN31/07/2011 13:38

Originally posted by nobody^
No success, again...
When I start cs and play the demo everything is fine.
It's like this..
When I play the demo right after I recorded it, it lags.


Exact same happens me, probably its caused by steam latest update about steam cloud which is make consistency at some older pcs such like one core cpu's

nobody^31/07/2011 14:00

So does that mean that after the next update everything might get alright?

audior31/07/2011 14:15

Just wait until the demo loads, and then play the demo.
I had that prob before, should work...

jigsaw31/07/2011 14:51

same problem, but not always

Keo mapper31/07/2011 15:51

hmm...lately i've had the same problem too (playing demo right after i record it lags like hell). Could it be steam's updates ?
But not only that, when i join my lan sv, i get 20-30 fps for like 10-15 seconds then it goes back up. When i disconnect from lan, i have to wait up to half a minute for it to do that. And right after that it's just 20 fps in game menu :|

KooleN31/07/2011 23:04(edited 31/07/2011 23:05)

Originally posted by Keo
hmm...lately i've had the same problem too (playing demo right after i record it lags like hell). Could it be steam's updates ?
But not only that, when i join my lan sv, i get 20-30 fps for like 10-15 seconds then it goes back up. When i disconnect from lan, i have to wait up to half a minute for it to do that. And right after that it's just 20 fps in game menu :|


Yes, I doubt its caused by the steam update, cuz these lags happens with me in 3 different pcs/locations.

nobody^31/07/2011 23:15

I started the demo with "viewdemo", I paused it for quite long and same thing over and over. I have to quit, launch again and just then everything is fine.

evuly01/08/2011 15:41

Have to tried to tab CS down for a couple of seconds? (didn't see if you answered when I wrote it in the chatbox)

nobody^02/08/2011 14:05

Oh, I didn't. :-) I will try it right away.

evuly02/08/2011 15:04

Alright. :-) I had similar issues a while back but that actually helped like 7/10 times.

nobody^04/08/2011 23:14(edited 06/08/2011 23:08)

I realised that the demo lags after I played.
Edit: Also, when I play a bit in my lan and try to connect to server, my fps drops again! <--

Hitlooser06/08/2011 23:17(edited 06/08/2011 23:18)

same here with disconnecting from server, it has to be some steam problem...

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.