Simpsons skybox on de_dust2

Started by CowOnCrack
06/08/2011 09:08
Page 1 of 1
CowOnCrack06/08/2011 09:08

I just installed the cosy map pack (which involved manually moving files around for 2 hours) and now my de_dust2 has a simpsons skybox. I think this is bad because I play on ESEA servers with the ESEA client, and they ban you for illegal customizations. How do I fix this?

nobody^06/08/2011 14:30

Not sure if I got you, but try by deleting and re-installing the map.

evuly06/08/2011 16:18

Originally posted by nobody^
Not sure if I got you, but try by deleting and re-installing the map.


Yeah re-installing the map will probably do the trick :-)

CowOnCrack07/08/2011 23:42

How do you re-install de_dust2? It's built into the game, I don't see it in the maps folder.

Anyway I just re-installed CS and the XJ pack (no cosy pack) and its fine now.

evuly08/08/2011 00:04

Originally posted by CowOnCrack
How do you re-install de_dust2? It's built into the game, I don't see it in the maps folder.

Anyway I just re-installed CS and the XJ pack (no cosy pack) and its fine now.


Hmm, it should be there shouldn't it? I might be wrong though, haha. Anyway great that you managed to solve the problem! :]

nobody^08/08/2011 23:44(edited 08/08/2011 23:45)

Originally posted by CowOnCrack
How do you re-install de_dust2? It's built into the game, I don't see it in the maps folder.

Anyway I just re-installed CS and the XJ pack (no cosy pack) and its fine now.


It is supposed to be there actually.
I had a similar prob before and I deleted my old dust2 and download it again, that fixed he prob.
Anyway, glad u fixed it :)

ivansky15/08/2011 03:04

The original maps are stored in gcf files in steamapps folder,delete de_dust2 then extract the counter-strike.gcf and copy map.That's all.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.