Solid entities not working properly
Hey guys, been around for a while but haven't said much. I'm cudi, my buddy Timmycakes directed me to this forum and I'm loving it! Anyways I've been having a very unusual problem with hammer lately.
First let me begin with one of my previous maps "zm_zod_hideout". Everything worked correctly and it compiled with flying colors.
After about a week I began a new map and ran a test compile after completing 3 rooms. Once again, compiled fine and the map looked great. After that I waited a few days and began working on the map again and everything was running smoothly until I checked out the map. After spawning I noticed EVERY entity that included a transparent texture (Blue texture) still had some blue to it. Even some of the entities that were working fine before and did NOT have the blue. I went and checked my compilation window and there wasn't a single error, aside from a few textures being "larger than expected". But nothing above 512 by 512. Before you ask I would like to mention that I have used these textures in the past and have never had an issue with them.
Has anyone ever had this problem before? Thanks in advance!
I had the same problem on wolfenstein CuDi.
I deleted all solid_enitys and rebuild them.
That worked for me great.
I noticed, use for every solid_enity with blue, a single enity.
Dont make for example, three ladders one enity.
Every block single one, sometimes it is buggy.
That are my expirience.
Hope u got it.
EDIT: I use this also on kzra_bhopcanal, where i had the same problem what u discriped in your post.
as I know that happens when you are close to precache limit. no need to remove all solid ents, remove 10-20. also use -chart while compiling (bsp,csg,vis,rad ... for any of it) and see how much "models" are in use. If you have over 300 then you are in trouble.
I actually solved my own problem and COMPLETELY forgot I made this post. I noticed after editing one of my wadfiles with "easywadmaker" it totally destroyed any and all translucent textures. Guess I have to stick with wally... (Which I hate...)
Either way thanks a lot for the help!
Please log in to post replies.