Texture with sound

Started by DragonClaw
19/08/2011 08:29
Page 1 of 1
DragonClaw19/08/2011 08:29

Hi! I was looking for such tutorial but I couldn't find one. I need to put sound on an ice texture. I mean the sound when you step on the brush, not some 'noise' from photoshop.

sn00p mapper19/08/2011 14:36

You'll find a text document in /sound/ folder called materials.txt, there you can find the actually textures from game which have sounds when your walking on them and it's explained how it works.

There are some prefixes for the sounds, here's a lil example.

X grass_01

Where X is the prefix for grass sound and grass_01 is the texture name.

DragonClaw19/08/2011 14:42(edited 19/08/2011 14:44)

Thank you! Do you know if there is a sound for cracking ice or sliding over it?
EDIT: It's written, I didn't check the txt first. :D

spr1n mapper19/08/2011 15:22

just dont modify materials.txt
and you better use existing texture names in the list as a tag for you own textures, f.e. grass_01DClaw1 (textures are loaded just once, so if another map uses same texturename - texture will be still from previous map)

plowed16/09/2011 00:32

Sorry for pushing but I have the same problem..

I dont get it right with materials.txt. So when I add my texture there ex: with Dirt sound...Do I need to pack the materials.txt with the map when Im going to upload it?

I tried spr1n's method but that just fuck up my whole map. In valve hammer editor all blocks have the right texture but ingame everything have aaatrigger texture :S

...Why is this important stuff so complicated x_x

dEMolite mapper18/09/2011 03:32

you have to pack it with but as spr1n said rename those textures in wally as which they are written down in materials.txt

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.