Can I have ex_interp set to 0?

Started by Ne7WoRK
22/08/2011 07:41
Page 1 of 1
Ne7WoRK22/08/2011 07:41

When recording a demo can I play with ex_interp 0?

evuly22/08/2011 14:13

Why would you not be allowed to?

Ex_interp 0 configures your interp according to your cl_updaterate, so I don't really see the problem and in what way would it give an advantage?

Ne7WoRK22/08/2011 19:01(edited 22/12/2011 11:01)

It's my own userconfig.cfg do I need to change something?
// ne7work's Custom Configurations File
// Version 1.0
// 18.08.2011

// Rendering Controlling Rates
ex_interp "0"
// Miscellaneous Game Options
fps_max "101"
// Sound Cvars
volume "1"
s_eax "1"
// Client Data Controlling Rates
cl_rate "20000"
rate "20000"
cl_cmdrate "101"
cl_cmdbackup "3"
cl_updaterate "102"
// Client Cvars
cl_crosshair_color "50 250 50"
cl_crosshair_size "large"
cl_crosshair_translucent "0"
cl_dynamiccrosshair "1"
cl_righthand "0"
// HUD Cvars
hud_centerid "1"
// Mouse Cvars
m_filter "0"

evuly22/08/2011 22:47(edited 22/08/2011 22:47)

Shouldn't cl_rate be set to 99999? :-)

Ne7WoRK23/08/2011 00:00

From here I see http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/NS_Variables#rate_and_cl_rate The rate and cl_rate values should be the same. ?

k a f f e e23/08/2011 09:09(edited 23/08/2011 09:20)

guess you want to play regular cs, there "m_filter 1" doesnt rly make sense. people say its harder to get a constant aiming with it.

edit:
now i see this is "KZ Talk" -___- why you post your netsettings & crosshair here? thats like posting your footsize and asking if thats alright for eating a banana. none of this stuff will give you any advantage for kz

Ne7WoRK23/08/2011 10:38

Because I want to know do I have something wrong in my cfg that give me advantage. Okay.

Dragon23/08/2011 12:19

ex_interp can't be 0. As soon as you connect to server it will force the interp to 0.1 or 0.01. Besides it has no actual effect on jumping.

Ne7WoRK23/08/2011 13:42

I set ex_interp to 0 every time when I connect some server and every time when map is changed in server. But If I set ex_interp to 0 before I start recording demo it's not problem right?
Thanks for answers guys.

ivansky23/08/2011 17:28

You can't set ex_interp to 0,values that you can use are 0.01 or 0.1,if you join server and type ex_interp 0,server automatically adjusts it to server.cfg setting.For demos..you can use it for sure,atleast if it's not in the "illegal" settings.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.