Random fps drops

Started by nobody^
23/08/2011 22:54
Page 1 of 1
nobody^23/08/2011 22:54

Hello,

I'll try to be short, again.. Anyway, when I play on my lan I sometimes get fps drops.. When I play and just press start to minimize my cs window for something and when maximize it again, my fps is like 40-60. Then I have to quit cs and launch it again. When my fps drops to 40-60 my whole comp becomes slower.

Any suggestions people?

Also, this is a part of the prob. http://xtreme-jumps.eu/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?290519

A huge thanks in advance!

DragonClaw23/08/2011 22:59

If you're runnin Win7 try putting the skin to windows 7 default, those transparent effects and other stuff may lag.

nobody^23/08/2011 23:26

WinXP here, tho I think it's because of the pluggins I am using. I got to re-intall my windows anyway.. hope it'll help.

propanelj record holder23/08/2011 23:26

for me i get constant drops to ~85fps when im using 1600x900 desktop resolutions so im using 1280x800 res on desktop and it helps atleast for me and im running w7 ultimate 64bit. Also my fps freezes to exacly 55 fps sometimes pretty randomly.
Also having too many shortcuts and files on the desktop ive heard slows downs the operating system making it run much slower than normal and also the sortcuts in the side of the screen.

My counterstrike is also taking to much on the CPU, before it was like 150000k and now almost 300 000 getting the CPU up to 55% usage.

it can propably be caused by several different problems and since im no fixer (yet) i got no anwser, only telling you my own problems ^^

TawNY24/08/2011 00:14

I always get 19-20 fps fixed for while when I start my LAN but after a while it goes to 100 and it stays like that.

I think it´s the plugins having some error loading or something ?

datslkk24/08/2011 07:06

its time for new machine!

DragonClaw24/08/2011 08:36

My old 1.6GHz PC had an absolute maximum of 60fps on cs, never managed to go higher. When I stopped using it I reinstalled windows (which hadn't been done for quite a long time) and now it reaches 100fps.

plowed24/08/2011 12:27

Disable Steam Cloud and display notifications from Steam.

fizik24/08/2011 13:07

Set Steam.exes priority to low and hl.exe to abovenormal. Or,if you have a dual core processor set Steam.exe to low and only CPU 1,and hl.exe to realtime and only CPU 2.

evuly24/08/2011 15:36

Originally posted by plowed
Disable Steam Cloud and display notifications from Steam.


What even is this thing? I recently installed Steam & CS again so I've got no idea :P

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.