Low fps in CS menu

28/08/2011 14:09
Page 1 of 1
ShoCkrecord holder Tournament #2 VIP28/08/2011 14:09(edited 31/08/2011 20:03)

Sup, whenever I try to launch cs, my fps varies from 4 to 8 so I can barely choose the menu I want to go. Almost same thing occurs with MW2 (lagging, but still possible to join any server). Also I've tried play HL1 which was successfully (99 fps).

I tried:

- Reboot PC
- Close programms (torrent, browser etc..)
- Change CS resolution, graphics
- Cleaned PC inside
- Scaned for viruses
- Reinstalled CS
- Updated VC drivers

EDIT: Just noticed actually problem is that I have 20 fps on any public server on any map and 100 fps on my lan on every map.
How is that ??

KooleN28/08/2011 14:35

Check your videocard or cooler fan. This kind of problems may cause by (over)heating the grapich card.

CamelCloudrecord holder28/08/2011 16:45

This has been happening to me a lot lately. I play CS for 1 hour, turn it off. Then start playing again after 5-10 mintues, and the fps is, as you said, variying from 4-8. No idea why. It happens on CS and Minecraft.

Prophecy30/08/2011 13:41

clean your pc, then I mean inside of it :)

ShoCkrecord holder Tournament #2 VIP30/08/2011 14:14(edited 30/08/2011 19:44)

ok I will take care of it today ;) thanks

Edit: Lol, I decided to join any server though and the fps kept strictly at the level of 20 (not more, not less). Does it change anything ? I mean it's weird how it works like 4 on menu and 20 ingame :/

ShoCkrecord holder Tournament #2 VIP31/08/2011 16:04(edited 31/08/2011 19:59)

Have just cleaned my pc inside and scaned for viruses. Problem isn't solved. Somebody.. ?

VineWood31/08/2011 19:53(edited 26/09/2011 13:35)

del.

Just noticed actually problem is that I have 20 fps on any public server on any map and 100 fps on my lan on every map.
How is that ??

kunqui01/09/2011 02:13(edited 01/09/2011 02:16)

I can tell you the experiences I had with games and my new computer:
- It was my last problem (Counter strike): If somebody on the game use lantern or if there're alot of models on the maps (users, trees.. stuff) my fps tend to drop It was a problem with my graphic card. I used GPU-z to check it out and I discovery that my card was working at x2 when it's supposed to work at x16.. I solved it changing the PCI-E voltage. I know it's random but i searched 1 month trying to solve it and i finally did it by myself.. Some problems can't be found here and maybe u should try it..

Try that and tell me.. Use GPU-Z and watch if there's something wrong, maybe it's your graphic card.

Re-installed CS, lag is gone.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.