HD Textures?
Hi guys. I want to know if using the HD texture mod is legal and would a map using HD textures be accepted. For those who don't know what that is: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20470875 This is for aztec, but it can be done for any other map. I'm mostly worried about the cfg files and if their settings are legal. Probably admins/official mappers would know best.
Thanks.
I think that pack is for moviemaking !! Oh and i installed it its legal its r_detailtextures 1 if u put 0 u will get default ones!!
Yep. I saw that it's quite popular among the movies, but can also be used generally. It doesn't increase r_speeds and it makes maps look much better. But would a map be denied if the archive includes those CFGs and other stuff?
i got a friend that lost a steam cuz change some files for moviemaking, like HD textures and something to get out that valve logo on demos =/
Well its not good to play with these ESL,ClanBase,playzeek and other CS i mean shooting !! But the other stuff its good its not increasing r_speed but this one is using resources and might slow down ur fps a bit!! if u got an old pc!
I dont want to download any exe files... but I guess its not HD textures, its "detailtextures". Regular textures covered with special mask overlay, getting "detailed" effect.
Its allowed everywhere just as in kz maps. You wont loose your steam because of detailedtextures! There were already several maps released which use detailtextures config: kz_cg_venice kzblt_zigzaghop kzlt_village...
Please log in to post replies.