Who's an Expert using VIS Blockers...

Started by Zerotech
22/09/2011 17:18
Page 1 of 1
Zerotech22/09/2011 17:18(edited 22/09/2011 17:18)

I'm working on another Bhop/Kz combo map and I was wondering who has an idea of a problem I'm experiencing.

Here's the image what the map looks like when I've connected 2 rooms in one area. It causes both rooms to appear in a way I don't like.

Image of the problem with Cross-Joint Rooms
-link-

Whoever has experience on using VIS Blockers could explain if there is a way for the top areas of the visibility to be blocked until the player gets at a close proximity to view.

Thanks in advance.

leifi5422/09/2011 22:23
spr1n mapper26/09/2011 22:02

if you have no big skybox around your level and you havent used VIS-fast, then there is no technical way to fix this. your rooms connected directly and engine should proccess polygons wich are visible and... lets say - just about to be visible (due to architecture)

you have 2 options here:
1. make a new rooms connection
2. build taller walls to cover seen areas.
Id strongly suggest 2nd option since its more logical. hiding structures behind sky is not very nice...

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.