Lock threads that fail to deliver demos upon

Started by NOEL
25/09/2011 11:59
Page 1 of 1
NOEL25/09/2011 11:59

In my opinion, it should not be allowed to have threads like these.
When people ask for the demos, you upload them.

Take Jason's wonderful clip "Anonymous 2"
All focus is removed from the actual editing, and it's now just a guessing contest. I'm not even sure if he's going to reveal who the jumper is.
But I told him that I found the demos to look suspecious, and asked for the demos.

Now while I realise this ruins the concept of his clip. Then it still has potential to be a clip, with cheated jumps in it.

Long story short, he did not deliver demos, and on behalf of that, I think the thread should simply get locked. Cause most likely it is either:
Cheated
or
Starring a banned user

Both of which would lead to a thread-lock. Am I right?
That's my two cents.

Jonde25/09/2011 12:07

I agree with you 100%

I hate when people post movies and then refuse to upload the demos. In 9/10 cases they are either cheated or faked somehow.

k a f f e e25/09/2011 13:01

back in Surf-CS we had that rule every moviethread has to contain the demos, there wasnt a single movie in those forums with cheated stuff for a long time and you always knew what you're talking about, i rly loved that

but well, generally, people hated it and a huge ammount of threads had to be removed and several users banned. i dont know, its not a popularity-booster but i would like it in the way noel suggested. sorts out the scum

jusuuh25/09/2011 21:14(edited 25/09/2011 21:15)

Hello,

we are not supporting cheated demos in movies at all. I have asked demos from many suspicious movies what I've seen, and if they haven't delivered the demos, I have locked the thread. Once someone sent cheated demos, lock + ban. But this is just case-by-case.

You are right, we should write it somewhere too. I will re-create the "Information about Jump Movies forum" sticky with these things included later, when I have time.

But for now, if admin requests demos, you have to send them. Otherwise I will lock the thread, or even in some cases, warn. Cheated demos lead to a ban, just like in front page movies or world records.

About the Jason's anonymous movie, the jumper is Zippow and I got the demos and case is solved.

edit: And well, at least in this point this demo thing is just admin-only "rule", I'll discuss about demos to thread thing.

Zippow10/10/2011 14:59

:/

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.