Counter-Strike 1.6 (New Game) stopped working

Started by Mathzz
27/09/2011 11:08
Page 1 of 1
Mathzz27/09/2011 11:08(edited 27/09/2011 13:12)

Hi, today my New Game stopped to work, it worked yesterday (26.09.2011). Oddly enough I didn't do any changes in the settings during my time in New game yesterday. Now when I try to open a random map, it loads, and when it comes inside the server, it just freezes at the opening at the server. I cant press the "OK" button. When I minimize my cs I see the box saying: Cs has stopped working. And I'm way to lazy to re-install cs. Also because I got a huge various of important demos there, and not to mention the maps, models etc. Is there another way to solve this problem? Deleting some .cfg maybe? Anything?

I would love it if you could help me out..

But yeah, my cs is working fine otherwise, when playing online.

kaynerecord holder27/09/2011 11:18

I'd move the important demos, cfg and addons, maps, sprites, models, sounds folders and reinstall cs... doesnt take longer than 20min max..

Jonde27/09/2011 11:47

Well some things you could do is to try to remove all mods you could have on your server. This would rule out if it's because of those or is it in the cs itself.

Mathzz27/09/2011 12:21(edited 27/09/2011 12:28)

Nah, I drop the other folders like maps, models and those.

I went through my demos, and only took the ones I want to have. Re-installing cs right now. Thanks though :)

---------

WHAT THE #%# ?????

It still doesn't work!!!!! Now what?

sn00p mapper27/09/2011 12:36

What applications have you installed after 26th Sep? Or anything else, settings changed (not necessary to CS/Steam)?

Try "rollback" what you did, also check the video drivers for related errors. Update/Clean reinstall.

Try changing CS to Direct3D and see if it works.

Mathzz27/09/2011 12:41(edited 27/09/2011 16:06)

Still even a clean re-install it still wont work. And I havent installed anything new, or done anything that would've been affecting cs. Like I said, my cs is working, just New Game isnt.

D3D didn't work either..

Deleting the .blob file didn't work either.


edit: It finally worked :)
Anyone who could send the original player models??

jusuuh27/09/2011 16:06

http://bit.ly/qAzTad :)

w1zzrecord holder27/09/2011 17:02

You might want to post the fix to the problem, in case anyone has it aswell.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.