Demo file type assocation
This ones a bit weird, I think so anyway. I tried an internet gaming service called skillgrounds. It was lame as hell, it promised blah blah blah, anyway i thought it was something like ESEA for many games but it turns out they made their own games which suck. now when i was recording demos for kz-usa's challenges i noticed that under the demo name when i look at the file, it's file type says skillgrounds demo recording. I was wondering if someone knows how to break this file type association. something in the registry maybe, as 8i have already uninstalled the skillgrounds crap, and would like to avoid reinstalling as i have many programs installed that i don't feel like backing up right now.
any help would be great, thanks
Yes, I know how to do it, but I just can explain with the german expressions and TRY to translate it (I don't know the exakt english expressions for Windows).
Start -> Einstellungen -> Systemsteuerung -> Ordneroptionen
Would be
Start -> Settings -> System Control -> "Directory Options"
Seletect "Dateitypen" (="File types") there and scroll down the list until u find ".dem". Delete this entry and the "link" to the service ESEA should be gone ;)
Btw: The files just look like they are "ESEA" files, you can watch/play them with Counter-Strike anyway. Just copy the files to your Counter-Strike/cstrike( directory and open your Counter-Strike Console (ingame) to load them with the command "viewdemo xxx.dem".
[ Edited Mon Jan 08 2007, 07:28PM ]
thank you faker. didn't think it worked at first, but incase anyone needs to know in the future, in american windows it would be;
start > settings > control panel > Folder options > file types, then just delete the .dem entry just like faker said. thank you for the help.
just bothers me when a program thinks my demo's belong to it.
[ Edited Mon Jan 08 2007, 09:20PM ]
Please log in to post replies.