Several mapping questions

Started by Mathzz
20/10/2011 09:29
Page 1 of 1
Mathzz20/10/2011 09:29(edited 20/10/2011 09:29)

I need some help making these things in vhe:

1. Soccer ball (When touching it, it will stick on you until you press +use button to throw away

2. Trampolines (on divingboards etc)

3. A dice game with 6 (six) numbers coming on a another object (Lets call it screen) when clicking a button (the button chooses the number randomlly)

4. Deadly lasers killing instantly if touching

5. Boosting ramp/floor with speed.

6. 1-2-3 game in the map jb_snow. The game is simple, you have 3 floors, and when pressing the start button the trap randomlly goes up in one of the 3 floors and killing everyone who was standing in the floor.

7. Music starts when pressing a button, and it stops when pressing the button again.



In case your wondering, I'm trying to make a JailBreak map, but I'm stuck since I cant make these things. Please help me :)

IceVip20/10/2011 13:10

I ain't a mapper but i pretty sure you can't make the 1st one in vhe..

plowed20/10/2011 14:19(edited 20/10/2011 14:19)

for 2, 4, 5 , 6 and 7 are some simple entitys and easy to use.
1 is only poss with an amxx plugin.
3 is a bit advanced but not hard just read tutorials.

really basic stuff , just search there are bunch of sites..

Mathzz20/10/2011 15:04(edited 20/10/2011 15:06)

Originally posted by plowed
for 2, 4, 5 , 6 and 7 are some simple entitys and easy to use.
1 is only poss with an amxx plugin.
3 is a bit advanced but not hard just read tutorials.

really basic stuff , just search there are bunch of sites..


Maybe tell me what entity I tie them too etc? Please, I need guide/tutorials, I dont care which of the numbers you pick, I just want some of them on the map :) Soccer is out, but all the others I really want.

Here are some I REALLY want:

Laser (instant death)
Boost/speed
Trampoline
And number 6 trap thingy one.

FuZzy1 mapper20/10/2011 17:59

So,

Laser (instant death) - env_beam or env_laser, for instant death (only if it is a static laser) make a brush the same size as the laser and give it trigger_hurt function and damage 10000.

Boost/speed - trigger_push or func_conveyor

Trampoline - trigger_gravity or trigger_push, or a combination of those tow.

The number 6 trap - i don't really understand what you want..

Mathzz20/10/2011 18:23(edited 20/10/2011 18:25)

Ah thanks FuZzy1.

Normal trap that kills people staying at the floor where the traps come up at. Yeah its really easy to make a trap with a button (deathrun like) but what I cant understand is how they can make a trap choosing itself which of the floors it comes up at, if there are 3 floors, when pressing the button 1 of the traps come randomlly up by itself. Aka No control over where the traps come up at. Thats my question, how to make the traps choose random order.

Like russian roulette, we dont know when the bullets comes (dize game like)

Rly bad at explaining this, I hope you understood.

FuZzy1 mapper20/10/2011 18:45(edited 20/10/2011 18:46)

I think i understand now...

You can find something similar on deathrun_temple2, at the last trap... There are 3 teleports that randomize each round. You can find the rmf of the map on "gamebanana"... hope you can decode from the rmf how the trap was done, and how to adapt it to your map :)

Mathzz20/10/2011 19:08

Thanks man, yeah just what I was looking for ;)

dEMolite mapper05/11/2011 05:45

soccer is possible:
func_pushable

just keep use key pushed down so it will stick on you.

nerv.05/01/2012 11:14

cs_rio got that soccerball , u press and hold E [+use] and walk around =]

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.