UPDATED: NEW QUESTIONS ABOUT MODELS

Started by Mathzz
23/10/2011 00:35
Page 1 of 1
Mathzz23/10/2011 00:35(edited 23/10/2011 16:52)

How come can I not go on top of my models? I have to hook to the very top of the model edge to actually land on top of the model, but I cant like go anywhere I want on the model ... Its a toilet model. And when I knife it, it comes a darker "bloody" thingy of it, I have no idea what that is. Heeeelp? :/

PsYxOpAt mapper23/10/2011 07:44

Create an entity called trigger_camera. At "Target" write some name for e.g. camera1. Create another entity called info_target and on name write camera1. Now you have your camera.

Mathzz23/10/2011 10:37(edited 23/10/2011 11:08)

thank you, though I have a problem now with the map. First I got the max_patch exceeded, then suddenly there is water in all sort of places. (weird shit) what to do? :/ and I've spent like over 24++ hours on the map :[

eidt: When I removed my pool/waters then there are no waters in weird places.. This is f* up :(

DragonClaw23/10/2011 11:18

When compiling, try setting the -chop value on hlrad to a number higher than 32, divisible by 2 (34, 36, 38 etc) until you don't get the max_patches error.
To fix the water bug, look around for brushes covered in some water texture, that aren't an entity, and of course either delete them, or make them an entity. I've had such problem a couple of times and I think this is the solution.

PsYxOpAt mapper23/10/2011 13:09

For max_patches use func_wall on jumps 5 6 brushes max in one func_wall entity is enough. About the water problem, do you have few large water brushes tie into one entity? If yes, make each water brush a separated entity. And better use func_illusionary -content water.

Mathzz23/10/2011 13:53(edited 23/10/2011 16:52)

Thanks all :)

New questions..

spr1n mapper23/10/2011 17:43

Originally posted by Mathzz
How come can I not go on top of my models? I have to hook to the very top of the model edge to actually land on top of the model, but I cant like go anywhere I want on the model ... Its a toilet model. And when I knife it, it comes a darker "bloody" thingy of it, I have no idea what that is. Heeeelp? :/


its because you are using "cycler" entity. Use "cycler_sprite" instead, but in that case your model will not be solid. To fix that put clip brushes (regular blocks with CLIP texture on all sides) inside your model, so clip brushes are the same shape as needed model collision.

Mathzz23/10/2011 17:50

Thank you spr1n :)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.