Tiny strafe challenge

Started by nobody^
07/11/2011 14:43
Page 1 of 1
nobody^07/11/2011 14:43(edited 07/11/2011 14:44)

Hello mates,

Just a little idea that might be fun to try.

Nothing complicated, just a normal LJ where u gotta do really tiny strafes.
I know you didn't get anything so I hope that this could explain a lil better:
http://i39.tinypic.com/156vb5f.jpg

The red walls could be a teleport like those in fof_32.
Anyway, waiting for your opinions and hope you got it.

Regards,
N
:up:

Mathzz07/11/2011 14:46

Sounds very interesting, but I dont understand how that is harder?

w1zzrecord holder07/11/2011 16:15

The thing is, you don't have enough space to get a good proper prestrafe, so you have to do a lot of fast and tiny strafes to jump the block.

Atleast that's what I understood from this.

propanelj record holder07/11/2011 16:19

sound fun :D

VertikO07/11/2011 16:27

Originally posted by w1zz
The thing is, you don't have enough space to get a good proper prestrafe, so you have to do a lot of fast and tiny strafes to jump the block.

Atleast that's what I understood from this.

theres plenty of space to make a good prestrafe. only the strafing area is not big i guess

Over07/11/2011 17:50(edited 07/11/2011 18:19)

well you dont move much while you do lj anyway, so it should be like 10units+player model size and if you hit wall i think you get slowed so it would be more like if you can dodge walls and make the jump witch would be super hard and if you make space too big it wouldnt be as fun as it should :D

nobody^07/11/2011 18:57

Originally posted by VertikO
Originally posted by w1zz
The thing is, you don't have enough space to get a good proper prestrafe, so you have to do a lot of fast and tiny strafes to jump the block.

Atleast that's what I understood from this.

theres plenty of space to make a good prestrafe. only the strafing area is not big i guess


Yes, exactly! Glad to hear some positive feedback! I guess that this is a job for SilverNinJa

I think it's more for Cypek or Nukk :)

nobody^08/11/2011 12:35

I am not talking strafe-wise, I mean that SilverNinJa should make the map.

MJK08/11/2011 14:49

I think this will improve the ljing for most people since they are forced to fly in a streight line and stuff.. good idea mby some one can make a plugin that corects your flight in air.. on blocks..

PiilsnEr08/11/2011 16:53

haha, this is a good idea man :-)

theddy08/11/2011 23:41

I hate the idea with the red teleport walls like in fof_32, i would be teleporting back everytime i jump and probably brake something cuz ill get mad really fast :D ontopic: nice idea rly

Devils number;666post yah!

nobody^09/11/2011 13:43

Glad you like it guys.
Thed please contact me in steam whenever you get online. =)

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.