Infinite map ?
Hi guys, I've got a little challenge for mappers, but I don't know also is it possible to make such map. Since the "widest" map is too small for me is it possible to make a map where both opposite walls are some kind of portals, when u hit/enter 1 of the walls u get teleported from the opposite wall, and also u shouldn't loose your velocity while running trough the portals, heres an image: http://imageshack.us/f/406/infinitemap.jpg/
keeping player's angles and velocity after teleport is not possible in hl/cs... it is possible in svencoop though. Its also possible to make amx plugin which would do that.
oh, I got this idea after I watched a very high JB demo, which was containing 3 falls (fall on teleport, fall on 2nd teleport, fall on ground), I think it was yours demo - but I don't remember(It was long time ago). But I guess that after teleport u can keep your horizontal speed instead of the vertical ?
horizontal velocity is reset as well actually.
haven't seen any jb that involve teleport, but I have done a 32k units high map and a jb in it. It was significant for a reason that 8k units is regular limit for maps. Movement beyond +/-8080 units is not displayed properly though
Please log in to post replies.