Computer overheating?
Hi, since I'm not a computer genious, I figured I ask you guys. Maybe you guys know what my computer is suffering.
Well anyways, this problem has been a pain in the ass for a long long time, since I bought the computer, but now lately it has started to get more serious and happens a lot more often. Basicly what happens is that when I play some certain games for a while (sometimes from 10 to 1 hour) like modern warfare 2, the computer screen shuts off by itself, but the computer is still running. But the fans then go on crazy and make insane noisy. It's like a yet engine. I've tried to wait to see if it shuts down itself, or if it starts back on by itself again many times. But it never does, and this makes me have to force to shut the computer off by holding the On/Off button till the computer shuts down. Weird thing is that, I've played mw2 for 1 year without a problem, and other heavy games with no problem at all. But now, the computer can hardly take it. Doesn't matter what game, if it haves heavy requirements, the computer will freeze. However, playing cs 1.6 it has no problem at all. I can play it 24/7 if I like to, and it hardly never crashes, even how hardcore servers I play (a server with 30/32 players with heavy fps drops, and a lots of actions like a zombie for example) then it doesn't freeze.
Been thinking to send it back to where I bought the computer, since it's still under warranty. Also overclocking is not an option for me, because loosing warranty now, would be a pain aswell. Any idea/suggestions what is wrong with the computer??
Here is an picture I took in HWmonitor while the computer is iddle. (also I don't have any clue what I'm looking at)
http://i40.tinypic.com/am43p.png
Also when I first bought the computer, I had the graphic card problem with this card. When I played games those vertical lines came up. But it got solved when I RMA the card, and got a new one. After that computer worked fine and I played heavy games like mw2 for over 5-6 hours without any problem at all. But after like a year or so, then this problem started to happen, overheating as I think it is. But now it's way more serious than it used to be. It used to crash once in a month or something like that. Now it happens everytime I play mw2 for a bit.
So what are my options? Send the computer back? BUy some new fans etc?
I also clean the computer very often nowdays, but it never helps. I've tried to play even when the case is open, still doesnt work. but yeah, I'm pretty sure that the problem is overheating. So how can I fix it??
Download these programs:
RealTemp for CPU temperature monitoring: http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1872/Real_Temp_3.60.html
MSI Afterburner for GPU temperature monitoring: http://download1.msi.com/files/downloads/uti_exe/vga/MSIAfterburnerSetup210.zip
Now, install and have these both programs open and go game for a while. Every now and then check your temperatures. Report back the highest temperatures you see.
Be sure to have these both programs on the top when you go from game to the desktop as you need to check them immediately. It would be useful to have 2 screens.
Though to me this looks more of a PSU problem. Could you check what's the wattage of your psu and give your system specs?
Well, I just sent the computer back. It's been bugging me now for quite some time, so I didn't have more motivation for trying to fix it myself. So yeah, I hope they will fix it so it wont bug the heck out of me. Thanks though jondee, for trying to help me :)
Please log in to post replies.