Ancient History maps

Started by Mathzz
29/11/2011 22:38
Page 1 of 1
Mathzz29/11/2011 22:38(edited 29/11/2011 22:45)

Hi. I was thinking about the recent map release, and saw spr1ns map called kz_memphisblock. It got me thinking that maybe its about time a imagination steps up and the feeling of beeing sent back thousands of years back in life to see the ancient times. Espcially the pyramids, I'd love to see a kz map telling a story how the times were back in time when they had pyramids on their best. Everything is on gold, lots of secret chambers, and scary thick thunnels leading on traps etc.

You start outside, looking at the pyramid, and then you go inside climbing your way to the top. But the mapper should aim for the design of the way he imagines pyramids looked like in the ancient times.

How does it sound like?

# ideas:

- Some chambers have traps like roof falling/coming down really slow and killing you if your not in time escaping out of the room

- Mummy graves, graveyards. Also the Farao chamber (imagine how you would picture it)

- Bhop parts with falling floors (breakable) or something)

- If you got any ideas, please share.

flexiboi29/11/2011 22:47

wow, cool idea, then there could be some ancient rome or greece cities for example :D

Mathzz29/11/2011 22:50

Yeah, I love history. :D

daza mapper29/11/2011 22:53

its kind of interesting but it sounds more like a deathrun map to me?

Mathzz29/11/2011 23:00(edited 29/11/2011 23:01)

It could be a deathrun map too. But I was thinking that it could be a kz map. For more exploring oppurtunities, and you can actually feel like your inside the pyramids. Like I said, its only ideas, doesnt need to have traps on it. But few traps here and there could work, since we have no idea whats really inside pyramids. We have been told that its the grave for the Faraos, and that they were build to last forever. Maybe they added some traps inside. WHo knowns :)

daza mapper30/11/2011 00:10

So, I was rather curious how this could turn out so i decided to make a little test room with some trap tiles.
Its quite entity consuming, you can imagine each of the tiles is an entity.
Anyway, what do you think? Should i continue? Its just a rough sketch, so don't bother about quality... :)

Link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24255207/MAPS/ancientbhops.bsp

Mathzz30/11/2011 00:27

@daza: Yeah something like that, all though the atmoshpere could maybe have more "pyramid" feeling in it. I didn't feel it to be very valuable in history, it felt like another temple in the middle ages. A lot more detail could fix it. TRy to make some gold "treasures" around, I think it might just pull the feeling on top. ;)

daza mapper30/11/2011 00:32

well I think that adding the entrance to the pyramid would enhance the atmosphere, as i said this is just a test to whether or not it would be good, i just doubt I could keep making theese rooms with trap tiles cause they take so many entities.
Anyway, I have ancient gold textures, can maybe try retexturing the middle bit tomorrow?

Mathzz30/11/2011 00:36(edited 30/11/2011 00:38)

Making the whole map based on these trap tiles is a horrible idea, not to mention way to repetitive. That was never my idea to pull a map with lots of these "chambers" with these bhop parts. Only like 1-2 chambers with these bhops are enough. Like I said, its not a bhop map, but more to be a kz map. BUt few bhops chambers are good. 1 is more than enough.

Pyramid is a graveyard basiclly, let your imagination go wild. Imagine how you think ancient pyramids looked like when they were built. Did they have lots of secrets? Treasures? Graves? etc.. :)

hm^ mapper VIP30/11/2011 16:47

When hopefully my maps will get accepted, then you will see a lot of pyramids and egypt...:D

PepoMerca05/08/2012 04:26

ancient history means rock climbing old school maps, so that'd be great!

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.