wr's with checkpoints

Started by FLP
06/12/2011 20:58
Page 1 of 1
FLP06/12/2011 20:58

Since this community looks quite dead I thought about making a thread where we could have a table with (non) official wr's with checkpoints.Instead of a list with all official maps I would add only the hard ones.Basicly It would be something like this http://xtreme-jumps.eu/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?259652.0 Ofcourse there would be some rules(for example your time must be better than official wr without cp's).So what do you guys think any suggestions are welcome.

unBreakS06/12/2011 21:19

its dumb cos there is a whole community for that ?

Balcer06/12/2011 21:24

very good idea, would be nice to see some realy fast demos on maps like cg_d2block_h or azure

ShoCkrecord holder Tournament #2 VIP06/12/2011 21:43(edited 06/12/2011 21:44)

The idea is not bad, but threads like that usually don't live more than a month (the only exception is jigsaw's multitimes lj thread).It's nice if you're ready to take care of it for a long run though. Also such thread should have a decent advertisement.

FLP06/12/2011 22:48

Originally posted by unBreakS
its dumb cos there is a whole community for that ?

I didn't understand you,is there community where you must record demos with cp's or what?

Originally posted by kzru`ShoCk
The idea is not bad, but threads like that usually don't live more than a month (the only exception is jigsaw's multitimes lj thread).It's nice if you're ready to take care of it for a long run though. Also such thread should have a decent advertisement.

ofc but first I wanna see whether the majority like this idea or not

kaynerecord holder06/12/2011 23:36

I'm with ShoCk, but it's a good idea actually, esp. for the godroom/dare :)

nobody^06/12/2011 23:42

You got my support in this! =)

xERAU;*07/12/2011 03:17

great idea, because with this we could see almost a perfect run without enourmous fails (hope so), with a great time. :D

I like this idea

Trolis07/12/2011 15:16

also /godmode and +hook?

spr1n mapper07/12/2011 15:38(edited 07/12/2011 15:39)

good call... If I remember it right... in_extreme (before it got remade into cg_extreme) was though to be impossible far in past (2006?), but after Himuraken posted his demo with checkpoints changed that. more people started playing it and eventually did it. What Im saying is that could actually help get those hard maps beaten eventually for someone...

daza mapper07/12/2011 17:47(edited 07/12/2011 17:49)

I think that adding checkpoints to runs would not only make it less proffesional to look at it, it would also make people not really care whether or not they can beat the map without checkpoints.
I think checkpoints steps down the game; reducing the actual amount of skill needed to make a decent run - Without failures.
I know that it's the easy way of doing things, but if you stop using checkpoints and start beating maps without them your skill will increase, cause you can't just skip that one jump, no you have to learn the actual technique to do it each time.

Also, checkpoints will not give faster runs because it takes seconds to press the gocheck.

Overall checkpoints would make worldrecords less rewarding to make and watch. The hype of beating a worldrecord would be gone.
"I beat a world-record" Who cares, every decent kz'er can beat it with checkpoints, it fells hollow compared to the non-cp ones. And I know that theese incredibly hard maps might never be recorded if checkpoints can't be utilized.
But I imagine that the longer it takes to get a record - The more respect and honor you will get if you actually do beat it without checkpoints.

FLP07/12/2011 19:22

@daza Most of the things you wrote are true but keep in mind that I made this thread just for few extreme maps(mostly because kz_dare and godroom_h).Many people have they're own techniques for completing hard maps,and this thread was made to show everybody the easiest way to do some jump and who knows maybe it would help somebody to finish dare or godroom.

Scary Tournament #207/12/2011 22:16

You guys think xtreme-jumps is dying?

Or even better, do you think KZ is finally on the slide or will it turn again and new champions takin it to next level?

jack frog08/12/2011 21:29

imo it's more exciting to wait till someone beats a hard map like godroom or dare. only a matter of time. wr's with cp's :/… would be no pleassure to look at such demos. if i wanna see some semi-pro beating a hard map and using 450 gc's, i connect to a random kz server.

balling09/12/2011 01:42

Sure! And while we're at it let's allow usage of hook as well..

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.