Keyboard delay

Started by Harley
11/12/2011 15:36
Page 1 of 1
Harley11/12/2011 15:36

Hey guys,

maybe somebody read it in the LJ-help thread: My sync went - all of a sudden - down to a beginner's level. I was rackin' my brain over it and - after trying out various things I came to the conclusion that the reason might be my keyboard or certain keys on it, that is. So I reallocated my movement keys to ESDF instead of WASD and - guess what. My sync went up to 85+ again. Instantly. So - is there anything I could do with my keyboard to fix the issue WITHOUT using ESDF/WITH using WASD?
You might say "use ESDF then", however like that the shift and ctrl key are too far away for relaxed playing. And KZ is all about relaxation.

So, to put it in a nut shell: Is there any way to fix keyboard delay BESIDES buying a new one?

Regards
Harley

propanelj record holder11/12/2011 15:49

if you have multiple keyboard drivers try uninstalling some of them, ive heard that 2 drivers can cause problems with keyboards and mice for example, Delays in movements and button presses.

Harley11/12/2011 16:48

Thanks for your answer, proppan!
However I'm a noob if it comes down to hardware 'n stuff so how can I figure out wether I have two keyboard drivers installed? Note that I play on a notebook (Dell Inspiron 1564)

propanelj record holder12/12/2011 10:02(edited 12/12/2011 10:03)

you can go Controll panel - hardware tabthing - then devicemanager and then you just find the tab for keyboards and select the ones installed and uninstalls them that way. Then windows will reinstall the neccessary drivers for the keyboard to work automatically.

also you can try reinstalling the USB ports drivers the same way, might work if its a problem with the USBs

Harley12/12/2011 12:47(edited 12/12/2011 15:24)

Too sad, there's only on driver listed and as I don't use an external keyboard I don't deem messing with the usb drivers nescessary.

Thanks anyways, will try and attach a keyboard if I get hold on one (:

k a f f e e12/12/2011 15:17

well if certain keys are delayed and others not you should consider taking your laptop to the store and make em put in a new keyboard. dont think there's another solution

Prophecy12/12/2011 15:55

You can overclock your keyboard to make it send keys faster.

propanelj record holder12/12/2011 16:26

or just buy the cheapest shit on the market :))

Harley13/12/2011 16:09

I'ma go visit my parents tonight and then gonna give it a shot with some random 10 year old keyboard. :D

Harley15/12/2011 00:20

Just attatched some random Logitech wireless keyboard and it sucked big time...
I came to the conclusion that it's most likely my fault and not the computers' for I can pull off quite good sync on my "weak" side now. With 4 strafes that is. Anyways, landed coupla 251 stats with that now however more than 245 is kinda rare still. Whatever. Just gotta live with my crappy sync for now.

propanelj record holder15/12/2011 14:27

wireless is useless :p with my old wireless i do like 5strafes max and ~25sync

Harley15/12/2011 15:00

Yeah it sucks balls but my dad had only that one laying around. I cba to buy a new one, though.

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.