Reviving The Cups and The Servers

Started by nobody^
19/12/2011 23:58
Page 1 of 1
nobody^19/12/2011 23:58(edited 25/12/2011 12:00)

Hello all,

Yes, first of, I know that there are probably 423423423 topics about this but I still want to mention it again.

The cups are dead... I am used to see cups every night and stuff+the XJ servers seem to be boring/dead/bugged as well. Is there a chance to see those things revived? Maybe after the new design takes place? Moreover, there are plenty serious and active guys here that can take care of that just in case the current admins have difficulties.

Best regards.
:up:

Memories20/12/2011 05:35

I agree, cups were a lof of fun and a way to make xj a lot more active.

Zippow20/12/2011 08:44

Well if im not mistaken, the reason why no cups are held currently is due to the new design. However, i find it rather odd that they don't recruit more admins to take care of just that, events and so on.

New design might be stunning and much more handy when it comes to organizing and managing a cup but if nothing happends soon i fear alot of people will go inactive.

Gene Tournament #223/12/2011 00:27

The problem with cups was always inactive admins. Even the most determined ones gave up after a few weeks / months. I remember towards the end there was like 1 cup a day tops, or none for days. At one point someone was working on a new bot, but that seems to have failed too.

In my opinion for cups to work, you would need an automated system eg. : register at irc, gain entry to the server via bot based on the steamid you registered, cup starts when all players join the server or after a time interval if not all of them joined and winners would be determined automaticallly based on their position on the map.

The problem is finding someone with enough motivation and skill to code all of that. It's also the reason why the xj servers are "boring/dead/bugged", no one is handling them.

Of course you could go with the classic : recruit as many admins as you can and hope they don't quit. But how many times has that worked in the past ?

Originally posted by ZippoW
Well if im not mistaken, the reason why no cups are held currently is due to the new design. However, i find it rather odd that they don't recruit more admins to take care of just that, events and so on.

New design might be stunning and much more handy when it comes to organizing and managing a cup but if nothing happends soon i fear alot of people will go inactive.


I find it funny how everyone blames xj for the inactivity recently when honestly it's just people losing interest in the game itself and there are not a lot of newcomers in a 12 year-old game (surprising) especially since it's a mod and not the main attraction itself. Just give it some time guys, I might be wrong and the new design or some event will boost the activity to higher levels. If not, we've had a great run and there's still lots to come. I wouldn't call this site inactive, just not as much activity as past years. And this game is still quite far from being dead; so chill. :)

Cypek23/12/2011 02:17

Originally posted by Gene
The problem with cups was always inactive admins. Even the most determined ones gave up after a few weeks / months. I remember towards the end there was like 1 cup a day tops, or none for days. At one point someone was working on a new bot, but that seems to have failed too.

In my opinion for cups to work, you would need an automated system eg. : register at irc, gain entry to the server via bot based on the steamid you registered, cup starts when all players join the server or after a time interval if not all of them joined and winners would be determined automaticallly based on their position on the map.

The problem is finding someone with enough motivation and skill to code all of that. It's also the reason why the xj servers are "boring/dead/bugged", no one is handling them.

Of course you could go with the classic : recruit as many admins as you can and hope they don't quit. But how many times has that worked in the past ?

Originally posted by ZippoW
Well if im not mistaken, the reason why no cups are held currently is due to the new design. However, i find it rather odd that they don't recruit more admins to take care of just that, events and so on.

New design might be stunning and much more handy when it comes to organizing and managing a cup but if nothing happends soon i fear alot of people will go inactive.


I find it funny how everyone blames xj for the inactivity recently when honestly it's just people losing interest in the game itself and there are not a lot of newcomers in a 12 year-old game (surprising) especially since it's a mod and not the main attraction itself. Just give it some time guys, I might be wrong and the new design or some event will boost the activity to higher levels. If not, we've had a great run and there's still lots to come. I wouldn't call this site inactive, just not as much activity as past years. And this game is still quite far from being dead; so chill. :)


Well I just want to be able to make some cups and trust me, it won't be inactive section on xj:P. I miss cups so much.

nobody^25/12/2011 12:00(edited 25/12/2011 12:02)

It's kinda sad cause I just played my very first cups and they vanished.. :-D Anyway, I have the feeling that XJ will gain popularity again and also the cups will be revived, someday.

But another problem is the current status of the XJ servers.

1.The new maps are missing, no longjump plugins(not that needed but still)

2.Some bugs, for eg when I finish a map, even with a time good enough for pro15 or nub15 I don't get it or so...

Fixing the servers might be helpful as well. Back in the days, I used to see the servers full, now..I rarely see more than 5 people in them.

guz-.-25/12/2011 12:53

http://xtreme-jumps.eu/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?304013.0#post_304063

qfiman*25/12/2011 15:46

what about using the old plugins for the servers as long as the new ones do not work?

Page 1 of 1

Please log in to post replies.